British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. I'm moving back to Victoria, BC from Calgary, AB for a year. I will eventually move over to Vancouver sometime after. I recently lost my job here in Calgary so I'm moving back home for a bit. I'll be moving over sometime in July-Aug. Anyhow looking forward in joining your community. In the future I will need some advice on which fish stores are good to go to as I haven't been back to BC in over a decade. I'll be bringing this beast back with me.

My 450 gallon of near 2 ft monsters. The fish will stay. I will set this tank back up when I'm more settled in.

Here's a final video of my monsters before they go to a new home. I will miss them all:(

[YT]
[/YT]

Here's the url to the link to the video if it don't show.

See you all soon.

Andy

·
Registered
649 Posts
what a great tank. I'd love to have a setup like this one.
can you introduce a bit about the filteration and feeding?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Awesome tank! U need ST or IT and stingrays!
Ya once I set this tank back up in my parents garage I want to go for another Asian Aro, some nice Dats, few stingrays and a Tigrinus.

what a great tank. I'd love to have a setup like this one.
can you introduce a bit about the filteration and feeding?
As of now the filtration is 3 x FX5 full of biomax and prefilter and 2 x emperor 400s. 4 x Koralia 4 powerheads for extra circulation. I will probabely end up drilling this tank and going with a sump cuz doing water changes on this is a huge hassle. The tank is only 5 months old since I got it new and the custom builder who made it said should be still drillable.

The feeding consists in full market shrimps with tail cut off, frozen Lake smelts(large kinds u can buy from T&T market) and koi/cichlid pellets. I fed this tank 3 times a week or every other day. Once with pellets, once with shrimp and once with lake smelts. About 2 lbs of frozen seafood per serving.

·
Registered
649 Posts
thanks for the info, looking forward to see the sump built

Ya once I set this tank back up in my parents garage I want to go for another Asian Aro, some nice Dats, few stingrays and a Tigrinus.

As of now the filtration is 3 x FX5 full of biomax and prefilter and 2 x emperor 400s. 4 x Koralia 4 powerheads for extra circulation. I will probabely end up drilling this tank and going with a sump cuz doing water changes on this is a huge hassle. The tank is only 5 months old since I got it new and the custom builder who made it said should be still drillable.

The feeding consists in full market shrimps with tail cut off, frozen Lake smelts(large kinds u can buy from T&T market) and koi/cichlid pellets. I fed this tank 3 times a week or every other day. Once with pellets, once with shrimp and once with lake smelts. About 2 lbs of frozen seafood per serving.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
6 strong caucasian guys or 8 med strong Asian guys and 2 furnuture dollies;)

PSH, put that on my face, and il steal that solo!
LOL go ahead and try it. This tank weighs 1000 lbs dry. I'll make it more of a challenge for you and fill it up with water which weighs more then 2 tons:). It'll be easier for u to steal a car then this tank:p

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Imma put it on my back and well...slowly..very very slowly crawl as if im a dolley! Ima get it to my house in 1 year!
If you try this, Ima gonna be guessin that Andy willa be havin ta scrape some bloody goo off the bottom of his tank before he drills it;):p

Write out your will and say your goodbyes before attempting this feat, eh;)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts