British Columbia Aquariums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me tell you about this moron Phillyko. He messaged me last week about buying some ADA aquasoil from me. He could not arrange to get a ride from N delta to Maple Ridge. He then offered to meet me at the Braid skytrain station. I was hesitant and felt he would waste my time and not show up. So i told him to get back to me when he can work out transportation to get to me in Maple ridge.
Today he messages me on my cell asking if i would take $0.75 a pound of ada i told him that i was firm on the $1 per pound. Then he says if i agree to the $1 per pound can you deliver it to me in n delta. I said no but i can meet you in coquitlam. He said no he cant do that deal and he needs to pay 0.75. i then said whatever it doesnt matter to me. he then gets into name calling me a "bitch" then he says fight me ill wreck you. i just laugh it off then i block him from my cell. He then uses another cell to text me asking for soil again and i asked who are you and how did you get my number? wouldnt answer me and kept harrassing me so i blocked that number as well.

This type of idiot is what we dont need on BCA. I kept all my dealings with this guy all professional and didnt go to his level. I am sure this is some punk kid just getting some laughs. at least i hope it is and not some grown adult doing this. I thought i would let everyone know about this idiot.

rant over.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Thanks for the good laugh. Hilarious stuff. Glad you're able to laugh it off. Some idiots on here sometimes. Should have kept the text and number to file police report on the threat .

The best ones are the members that want you to deliver stuff you're offering out for free. "Can you deliver your free plants from Vancouver to Delta".

·
Super Moderator
6,609 Posts
We [the mod team] will look into this problem. Please try not to let this thread degrade into something that needs to be closed. We will let you know what we decide (may end up moving thread or some other moderating action, but only after the team discusses it).

Please feel free to forward any pms or communications you have had with this member.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Anthony,I'm glad you're going to do something about this.What a low life.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Let me tell you about this moron Phillyko. He messaged me last week about buying some ADA aquasoil from me. He could not arrange to get a ride from N delta to Maple Ridge. He then offered to meet me at the Braid skytrain station. I was hesitant and felt he would waste my time and not show up. So i told him to get back to me when he can work out transportation to get to me in Maple ridge.
Today he messages me on my cell asking if i would take $0.75 a pound of ada i told him that i was firm on the $1 per pound. Then he says if i agree to the $1 per pound can you deliver it to me in n delta. I said no but i can meet you in coquitlam. He said no he cant do that deal and he needs to pay 0.75. i then said whatever it doesnt matter to me. he then gets into name calling me a "bitch" then he says fight me ill wreck you. i just laugh it off then i block him from my cell. He then uses another cell to text me asking for soil again and i asked who are you and how did you get my number? wouldnt answer me and kept harrassing me so i blocked that number as well.

This type of idiot is what we dont need on BCA. I kept all my dealings with this guy all professional and didnt go to his level. I am sure this is some punk kid just getting some laughs. at least i hope it is and not some grown adult doing this. I thought i would let everyone know about this idiot.

rant over.
That's amazing. $1 per pound is a great deal and why bother negotiating for a 25 cent a pound discount? Some people are just wired weird but enough said when the solution is to offer to fight you :bigsmile:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Amazing how some people can afford a $400+ cell phone with a $50+ monthly phone bill but have the audacity to bargain for 25 cents and still display this kind of attitude when they don't get what they want. This is why this hobby will never grow in Vancouver.

This MMA fighter must be some 13 year old kid hopped up on puberty. There should be an age restriction on this site or at least people should prove mentally that they are mature proper individuals.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Good ole bus riders(no offense to wholesome transit users)

This is why I'd rather be poor and have use of a personal vehicle than be better off and save a few bucks with a bus pass and lost time, I just don't want to fight over $0.25 or my aquasoil..... I just want to be happy and merry, can't everyone.

One love, OOOH-YAH!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Sorry to here that jrock. Stories like this make me hesitate on listing stuff. Depending on how communication goes, I usually just meet people. That way if something goes sideways, at least they don't know where u live. By the way, will u deliver those BBA's to my door, for free. Then when u get here, I'm gonna offer u half of what they r worth!:bigsmile:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the kalambo from Carter8089.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
And this is why I tend to give stuff away to people who really enjoy this hobby. Sometimes posting FS simply isn't worth the headache. Most folks on BCA are great, but then the 1 in 10 just wrecks it.

·
Super Moderator
6,609 Posts
Ok, we are still discussing the situation. Trying to get phillyko's side so we have both sides of the story. However, the point of the OP's post was to warn members about his negative dealings with another member. This is based on his experiences. Someone else may have had a good transaction with the same member. We do NOT condone violence or threats of violence between members. Please pm or email me your saved communications jrock, if you can.

We will, for now, close the thread but leave it here (not moved Holding Pen yet), so that this original purpose remains intact. However, please read below:

"Rule #10 has been negged, both parties are in the know. Awaiting responses to take further action as necessary. For future reference, please simply leave negative feedback, or contact one of our moderators for us to take the necessary steps to ensure both sides of the story are documented on our end without a public flogging."

Have a good and peaceful night everyone.

The Mod Team

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.