British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im gonna do acrylic buffing . i got some info . does anyone have any exp from them self's doing this . i would like to know if its a hard job our easy let me know if theres any thing i should know from your exp :D

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
It is time consume. Buffing is not like cleaning so you really need to press down to it so the area can heat up and shine. For deeper scratch you actually need to sand it down with sand paper and use fine sand paper to sand it again. You need right tools and right compound, use #3 buffing compound. You will get the idea after half an hour into it. Enjoy fish keeping :).

·
Registered
534 Posts
Is there any problem with using a random orbital buffer to take some of the time and elbow grease out of the equation?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is time consume. Buffing is not like cleaning so you really need to press down to it so the area can heat up and shine. For deeper scratch you actually need to sand it down with sand paper and use fine sand paper to sand it again. You need right tools and right compound, use #3 buffing compound. You will get the idea after half an hour into it. Enjoy fish keeping :).
so its almost like palm sanding butt different method . push down to get the scratches out

·
Registered
534 Posts
im pretty sure this is what im gonna use i would never do it by hand.
Me too, there are a couple of small scratches in my 130 that I'm going to buff out, I figure that I had might as well do it now because once it's set up I'll be on to the next tank :)

Google has been telling me that Novus products work really well, but I haven't found a source in Van yet. I'm sure it isn't that hard though, I'm sure a member could recommend a place to buy a good compound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts