British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I am noticing a small amount of water/sand at the base of my tank where it meets the stand. It is not enough to wet the stand to the point of breakage but enough to worry me. What should I do?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've never had an acrylic tank, but if there is a whole big enough for sand to get out, I'd expect a fair amount of water rather than a small amount that you see. Are you sure it wasn't just spilled there when you were doing some work in your tank?

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
You have a major problem if the crack is big enough for sand to come out as well as water.

Drain your tank ASAP.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Wow... i would take everything out right now... as it's only matter of time the crack spreads and cause a flood!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I clean it up and it re-appears at the bottom edge of the tank. I think you guys are right... empty it out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have 7 acrylic tanks myself and I like them for the fact there's no silicone seals. I had purchased some older used tanks and sealed them with a special silicone made for acrylic, just to be on the safe side. I bought this silicone from Plastic Works in Surrey. They are really helpful. They also sell acrylic and other bonding chemicals. Easy for the DIY.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts