British Columbia Aquariums banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Looking forward to it ... best of the season Dou.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Living Room 60P Update:
- Tangerine tigers are flourishing! I added some aura blue tigers as well and they are still alive. Hopefully they will throw some mixed green-ish coloured babies in a few months.
- I have some big fat otocats in here - just like the ones I saw at Sumida aquarium =D! This is by far my most successful tank.
- Water changes once a week (30% or so)
- Algae present on the glass walls here and there that I scrape off. I noticed that in areas where I neglect (less effort to suck up detritus) more algae forms. Suggestion: always try to suck up as much detritus as possible during water changes.
- Photo taken with a Pixel 2 phone. Holy smokes does it take nice shots with minimal effort!

Beautiful. Can you tell me more about your tangerine tigers adventure from obtaining them to breeding to water parameters to feeding. Thx in advance :)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Beautiful. Can you tell me more about your tangerine tigers adventure from obtaining them to breeding to water parameters to feeding. Thx in advance :)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
To be honest I don't really check the parameters of this tank. I only use equilibrium and make sure TDS isnt above 200. An established filter is the most important aspect of shrimpkeeping - I feel like if you have that your shrimp can adapt to your water parameters in most conditions.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #146 (Edited)
Two things I want to accomplish this year - making videos to share and getting on that IAPLC projector! Approaching this with a newcomer's mindset - that means trying over and over again until I get better and better. Step 1: Create video & add music... Next step: Create video, add music & add voice over. Oh right, the video - my taiwan bee colony has rebounded (have over 40 again + new tiny babies)! Life is great again haha (shrimpers definitely know how I feel here).

Figuring out how to add my video now... Done!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #147 (Edited)
It's been a long time - but I'm still around! I have some quick updates for those who are curious about how I'm doing.

- I placed #110 this year for IAPLC 2018 (ADA's aquascaping contest) - and I'm going to be on their projector! This was a goal of mine I set 2 years ago - next goal is to place within the top 100.
- I moved! Instead of a den, I get a whole entire garage to myself :D - parking the car outside. You never know where life will take you, but if you keep trying you'll get to where you want to be.
- I will be starting a small operation/nature aquarium gallery (private appointments only) from my garage and will be carrying some ADA items (basically only things I use in my tanks) and other aquascaping supplies. If you're in the Surrey area, let me know ;). I'll be updating my Facebook page and website when I'm ready.
- Special thanks to jagermelifter and Baron. They helped me move so much and provided moral support when I needed it.

And of course, some preview photos :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #149 (Edited)
It's been a long time (what feels like at least) but lots of things have changed again. My website is updated and going to leave some photos here =)

My IAPLC 2018 tank.

I also decided to share the entire process of a competition tank from beginning to end. You can follow my facebook page for more frequent updates - but here are two photos to share!

And flooded... wood leaking tannins. Upgraded to an ADA 120P.

141 - 151 of 151 Posts