British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved my sulawesi shrimp from my ada 45f tank into a 10 gallons, thinking from 5 gallons of water to 10 gallons would be more stable. Then I was puzzled at why my photos weren't as clear as before.

Then I realized tonight it was the high clarity glass that the ada tanks used vs. the standard 10 gallon glass.

Do you see a difference in these two photos? I know it's not an exact same test, but the settings are similar.

Sulawesi Cardinal by Raymond Wong, on Flickr

Caridina dennerli, by Raymond Wong, on Flickr

·
Registered
447 Posts
Ray I think you are correct.Since Takashi Amano was a famous photographer before starting ADA I would think he put that thought in when developing his Aquariums.However the pictures of your 120 gallon pictures look great as well.Not sure if size of tank makes any difference. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: rwong2k10

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Jousters! Yeah it does make a difference. I'm going to have to replace these 10 gallons to ada 45H's later. Pat here I come!

I think for super close ups I can totally tell the difference (well when taking photos) I thought I was losing my mind for a few days trying to figure this out.

When I do get another big tank, I'm really going to have to go for the front pane to be starphire atleast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts