British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
With air guns they are only max 500 feet per second. There is no regulations besides every cities rule of no discharge of firearms within city limits. So pretty much any logging road will do just make sure whats behind where you are shooting which a lot of people unfortunately don't think of that. They think of the target not where is the round going if they miss.

Cheers

·
Registered
916 Posts
LOL ...shooting rabbits :eek:...thats not nice :( .
I would hesitste taking any air gun out with out painting the last foot of the barrle bright orange ...just so people realize its not a real gun.

News flash......gmachine gunned down by swat team with ,gee ,of all things a machine gun...while shooting rabbits with a air gun. Police have apologized to the rabbits :D...the young man is expected to recover ,Doctors had to remove 100 bb's from his buttocks :p

The rabbits .

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
when i was a kid my uncle used to take me to cattle farms around edmonton and ask farmers if they would like some groundhogs shot. most were more than happy to let us shoot them as their holes break cows ankles.
there are also several shooting ranges in town just google it, youd have to pay for some time but youd be doing it in a safe environment and have no risk of getting in trouble.

·
Registered
2 Posts
air rifles are so fun! I just bought another one about 2 months ago and I love it! I bring it to my grandparents house in surrey all the time and shoot the rabbits that eat from my grand mothers garden!

Happy shooting!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I would be very carefull as to where you can shoot and what.There's a section of the CCC (Canadian Criminal Code) that pertains to this topic. There's municipal/Federal/Provincial laws regarding this.Public safety also has to be considered.Hefty fines and serious charges could apply if done the wrong way.Dont want to be an ass with this , but i have seen alot of this stuff go bad very quickly.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
i used to have a pretty nice pellet gun, it was one of the pump ones, max i ever pumped it was 8 cuz thats all i had the strength for when i was a kid lol, but at that pressure it would shoot pellets thru both sides of a car tire. my uncle had to have a FAC to buy it for me. i didnt like the ones with CO2 cartriges, not just cuz they dont tend to be as powerful but theyre also less consistant as the pressure is constantly changing, the pump style you can get rly good grouping when doing target practise.

we used to just drive the o'l buick around the farmers fields and id sit in the back seat resting the gun on the windowsill lol.
as i recall u have to make sure the farm is outside city limits, and obviously you have to have the farmers permission, but this was 15 years ago in ******* alberta :)

i always wanted my uncle to take me duck hunting one day but his health faded and he passed away before i got old enough. my dad used to make the best duck mmmmmm.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would be very carefull as to where you can shoot and what.There's a section of the CCC (Canadian Criminal Code) that pertains to this topic. There's municipal/Federal/Provincial laws regarding this.Public safety also has to be considered.Hefty fines and serious charges could apply if done the wrong way.Dont want to be an ass with this , but i have seen alot of this stuff go bad very quickly.
I'm currently reviewing all synopsis I can find.:)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i used to have a pretty nice pellet gun, it was one of the pump ones, max i ever pumped it was 8 cuz thats all i had the strength for when i was a kid lol, but at that pressure it would shoot pellets thru both sides of a car tire. my uncle had to have a FAC to buy it for me. i didnt like the ones with CO2 cartriges, not just cuz they dont tend to be as powerful but theyre also less consistant as the pressure is constantly changing, the pump style you can get rly good grouping when doing target practise.

we used to just drive the o'l buick around the farmers fields and id sit in the back seat resting the gun on the windowsill lol.
as i recall u have to make sure the farm is outside city limits, and obviously you have to have the farmers permission, but this was 15 years ago in ******* alberta :)

i always wanted my uncle to take me duck hunting one day but his health faded and he passed away before i got old enough. my dad used to make the best duck mmmmmm.
One good thing about living in a small town is you drive 5 mins and your out of city limits lol. I had wild duck before too when I was a kid. Theres no comparing with all these gmo meats. Thats why I want to hunt:p. I still need to get my hunting license though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts