British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG... :( i have just found out one of my albino Bristlenose plecos has moved on :( :( :( :( I was away to whistler but I had my brother feed them. I am so shocked that this has happend because I had bought 2 off of Smiladon and I thought they were a breeding pair. Now that he has gone...any suggestions for a pleco to breed with my female albino? I am not too good with the numbers but names I am good with. Please any help would be much appreciated

Thank You

Rocky

·
Registered
743 Posts
/any Bristlenose should in theory breed with the albino, of course the set up and conditions would dictate that they actually do breed. I am picking up a bunch of Albino longfins off Pat next weekend if you want I could see if he can sex one for you and drop it off on my back, I go through New west.
Rescue Penguin has lots of them . I wanted some from him but he has been busy.
I am pretty sure Ibenu has some also.
I only have one adult male and lots of females.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
OMG... :( i have just found out one of my albino Bristlenose plecos has moved on :( :( :( :( I was away to whistler but I had my brother feed them. I am so shocked that this has happend because I had bought 2 off of Smiladon and I thought they were a breeding pair. Now that he has gone...any suggestions for a pleco to breed with my female albino? I am not too good with the numbers but names I am good with. Please any help would be much appreciated

Thank You

Rocky
I am so sorry to hear the grave news. Do you think it is because of the heat or would it be some other reason? How are the other fish doing?

I am assuming that the male passed away? :(

I would put up a "LF: Male Albino Bristlenose Pleco" thread. I am sure someone has an extra male...

---
I lost a fish this weekend too... :(

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, the other fish are doing great. I dont funk it s because of the heat. Ummm do you suggest a cool pleco to breed with my albino? Like the one in your picture gimlid? I w

Thanks

Rocky

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Thanks, the other fish are doing great. I dont funk it s because of the heat. Ummm do you suggest a cool pleco to breed with my albino? Like the one in your picture gimlid? I w

Thanks

Rocky
The one in his picture is either an L144 or an albino male.

Its best to go with albinos if you want albino babies. If you cross with something else, you wont get any albino babies.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Gimlid's pic is of his "L144" make of Ancistrus sp. 4 if you want to be technical about it.

And it'd be hard to say what babies you'd get unless you knew the gene pool of the ones you have, as they have been inbred and domesticated bred for so long that you'd likely get calicos, albinos and regular silvertips, along with the L144 (black eyed leucosistic) ones.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts