British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, Are alligator gars legal to import or own in BC? Haven't seen any in any fish store and just wondering why? Very interested in getting one of these.

·
ORIGINAL FORUM GANGSTER
2,262 Posts
as far as I know you can still get them but the just grow to big for most peoples tanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. I am in Taiwan at the moment and I just happened to walk past some of these in its platinum variation when I was visiting the local aquarium shop street and instantly fell in love with these things. I would really love to own one of these but I cant seem to figure out what the most cost effective way of owning one would be. (import from Singapore with cheaper base price higher transport/import from USA with higher base price and cheaper transport). The going rate seems to be around 3000 USD for a juvenile from what I can tell in Taiwan. Please tell me if you have any suggestions

·
Registered
573 Posts
king eds selling some alligator gars atm. they are small. so i think that kind of fish is allowed here. i myself want to get 1 of those platinum too. they are just beautiful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts