British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was thinking about getting into frogs as they seem pretty cool to keep if anyone knows anything about them, Poison Dart Frogs specifically and wouldn't mind sharing some information via chat room or messaging that would be great. Thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
Check out the Canadart forum.
There are quite a few people locally that keep Poison dart frogs as well as other frogs.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I see you made it over to Canadart. :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Dunderbear,
I think the project is very interesting. I have always been interested in poison darts frogs and even thought about designing a vivarium with live plants and a water portion. When I was younger, I had a tegu and really got interested in terrariums and reptiles and amphibians, but I never had chance keep frogs, let alone poison dart frogs Now, I just keep fish. Keep us posted how the project develops. Consider putting a tank journal thread up, it is quite a unique undertaking.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dunderbear,
I think the project is very interesting. I have always been interested in poison darts frogs and even thought about designing a vivarium with live plants and a water portion. When I was younger, I had a tegu and really got interested in terrariums and reptiles and amphibians, but I never had chance keep frogs, let alone poison dart frogs Now, I just keep fish. Keep us posted how the project develops. Consider putting a tank journal thread up, it is quite a unique undertaking.
Yeah we'll see how it goes might have to be in a couple months as firstly I want to set up a high tech 75G. But when I do decide to create a sick vivarium I'll definitely make a journal haha :) I think I'm going to get the largest terrarium I can by Exo Terra when the time comes to have an amazing set up.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've just kept your average firebelly toads and bred them. I was going to get into poison darts, but eventually gave up trying. This was before you could buy pets online or whatever. However, from what I have read a long time ago, they're pretty sensitive. If you've never kept amphibians, Maybe you should try a hardier species first. Just a thought.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Apparently nowadays Darts are a go to for beginners but thats just what I've heard plus they somewhat easy in my opinion just gotta have a nice vivarium with micro organisms planning to feed live fruit flies also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Dartdroghaven . On fb. She breeds them but she is tied up right now with an ill family member. She's also a member here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts