British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We went to the Vancouver zoo today and had a blast but some of the animals looks sad...

Siberian Tiger: My adrenalin coursed through my whole body when this guy was 3' in front of me and ROARED at me

Sad Hippo

a deer...?

my latest wallpaper

and a REALLY BIG nose :D

*** Some of them may look sad but I know the staff are doing an awesome job of taking care of these animals***

Thanks for looking:)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
WOW!! Those nose are bigger than a dodge viper exhaust!

=) VERY AWESOME photography skills you have!

·
Registered
327 Posts
We went to the Vancouver zoo today and had a blast but some of the animals looks sad...
doesn't surprise me, the place is known for the bad conditions that it keeps it's animals in ...

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Very nice pics. I went to that zoo like 15 years ago and it wasn't too bad....big property they are on but not a whole lot to see...alot of walking which is nice on a nice day. It's not San Diego zoo....or even Woodland park zoo, which by the way is a great zoo in Seattle.

The chain link fences always make for tough shots. But then again, not much you can do there unless you use plexi which is expensive and usually only done by bigger zoos.

What kind of camera are you shooting with? They pics look great...lots of detail.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha nice pics , love the bald eagle !!

why so scared of the tiger man ? you wouldnt feel any pain , it would be over in seconds [email protected]!

great shots..
lol when the tiger roared at me, my whole body felt the "shock wave". It was sooo loud that I almost jumped back. I've never felt fear like that in my entire life before. Probably not fear but an instinct to raise my guard up and prepare for the worst.

Looking good Gil. Time to start thinking about a D700? :p
You know I'm planning for it:D

lol ya your good at taking pics, lol you should make your own business!
Nah, its just a hobby of mine. I probably won't make it with my limited gear.

Very nice pics. I went to that zoo like 15 years ago and it wasn't too bad....big property they are on but not a whole lot to see...alot of walking which is nice on a nice day. It's not San Diego zoo....or even Woodland park zoo, which by the way is a great zoo in Seattle.

The chain link fences always make for tough shots. But then again, not much you can do there unless you use plexi which is expensive and usually only done by bigger zoos.

What kind of camera are you shooting with? They pics look great...lots of detail.
I'm using the Nikon D5000. Planning to upgrade soon though:D

Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Great photos Gil :)

A few years ago I took my kids to that zoo & saw something pretty funny. There was a big male black panther that was very overweight. Some young guy around 20 years old was standing on the other side of the fence as the panther making fun of it. The guy was saying how fat the panther was, how it probably couldn't even run, what a crappy hunter it would be, etc. The panther glared at the guy, turned around, & sprayed him with urine ...just soaked the guy! The guys friends & everyone around who saw it happen were laughing hysterically :D

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
I'm using the Nikon D5000. Planning to upgrade soon though:D
Man, photography and fishkeeping are like most other hobbies, which mean continuous upgrading. But right now, my flash upgrade is waiting on my tank upgrade first. I'm sure after that I'll be lusting after that zoom lens.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great photos Gil :)

A few years ago I took my kids to that zoo & saw something pretty funny. There was a big male black panther that was very overweight. Some young guy around 20 years old was standing on the other side of the fence as the panther making fun of it. The guy was saying how fat the panther was, how it probably couldn't even run, what a crappy hunter it would be, etc. The panther glared at the guy, turned around, & sprayed him with urine ...just soaked the guy! The guys friends & everyone around who saw it happen were laughing hysterically :D
Well my dad got sprayed by a male lion and he asked all the pics deleted cuz he was sooooo embarrassed :D:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts