British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO any1 here locally that was able to breed a stingray? If not, how old is the oldest stingray here in bc! :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm not sure about anyone in BC but I know of one person near Edmonton that has bred them. I also know that the Big Al's in Edmonton has a breeding pair of stingrays as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hehe i'm just wondering coz supposedly BC water is VERY different from all over the world...hehe not sure if its a good thing or bad though.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I'm not sure about anyone in BC but I know of one person near Edmonton that has bred them. I also know that the Big Al's in Edmonton has a breeding pair of stingrays as well.
Water in edmonton is much different than here in BC that is for sure. Very hard.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would that be the cause of our STERILE BC RAY population? Is any1 here in BC trying to breed at all?

·
Banned
797 Posts
Interesting. Come to think of it, no one on this forum I know of has gotten into breeding rays. There is someone in Surrey who has contacted me in the past who supposedly has invested quite a bit in a ray breeding program. They do not post on forums, however, and I have not seen their operation first hand.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Having seen some pics of breeding operations in Japan, I gotta think its a pretty hefty investment to do it. Alot of space and alot of expensive rays needed to do the volume you need to make it worth your while.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Juice did happened to buy a breeding pair motoro and gave birth to 2 pups. The pups died because of the move, other then that I haven't heard anyone from BCA yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts