British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( I found my apisto aggasi which normally is very busy swimming around just laying on a rock. I know something is wrong with him. I moved him to a hospital tank. Now he is doing headstands, etc not really swimming, more like floating. I dont know whats wrong with him or how to help him. Any advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
sounds like swim bladder issues. What is the temperature in the other tank? You might be low in oxygen .

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
sounds like swim bladder issues. What is the temperature in the other tank? You might be low in oxygen .
+2
Sounds like swim bladder issue!
Stop the feeding and let him digest what's left inside of him!
As for personal experience, hope someone else can help, as I have never save any of my fish from this problem. But i've beent old to try epsom salt bath! Anyways, hope a pro can help you out!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a site that said to cook a green pea, mash it up, and feed that to the fish. No ones knows why it works but apparently it does. Will try that and hope for the best.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I found a site that said to cook a green pea, mash it up, and feed that to the fish. No ones knows why it works but apparently it does. Will try that and hope for the best.
I've heard of that too... but i always wonder, how do you make ur fish eat it? :confused:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
once a fish develops swim bladder issues, by the time we notice a change it's usually to late to save them. but im sorry for your loss

1 - 8 of 8 Posts