British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a couple dozen fry about 4 weeks old, just wondering if or when I should pull them from thier parents?

·
Registered
277 Posts
sorry just saw this. yes at four weeks you can separate from the parents. At about that time the mother will usually stop caring for them and if she and papa start mating again she & he will see her older fry as competition.
I've left mine in and now have 2 broods going in two tanks and separating becomes harder...lol
Good luck, also how many do you think you have left?
Russ

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry just saw this. yes at four weeks you can separate from the parents. At about that time the mother will usually stop caring for them and if she and papa start mating again she & he will see her older fry as competition.
I've left mine in and now have 2 broods going in two tanks and separating becomes harder...lol
Good luck, also how many do you think you have left?
Russ
Thanks for the input. About 20 or so I figure. Pretty hard to tell.

·
Registered
277 Posts
that's a very good batch!! well done on catching them i always hate that part lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that's a very good batch!! well done on catching them i always hate that part lol
It wasnt to bad actually. I put a plastic water bottle in with the mouth/neck inverted and the curious little guys went in and couldnt get out. caught 50% that way. The hard part will be figuring out what to do with them all. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts