British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Because of a recommendation here at BCA, I ordered some plants online from AquaFlora Nurseries, which is based in Abbotsford.

The plants arrived speedily and are very healthy. And, there were far more plants in the order than I was expecting! I set up one of Munster's rimless tanks with them, put some into another tank, gave some to a friend, and I still have lots left over!

I spoke to the owner of AquaFlora Nurseries, Tim Burton, and he said that his plants are now available at April's as well as online. He is also either a sponsor at BCA or becoming a sponsor.

I just thought I'd mention that, in case any of you have been tempted to order plants online but were wondering what shape the plants would be in once they'd arrived. One of the things I liked about this site is that you can browse the plants by type or by low-light, etc, then look at the photos and read some information about each plant before ordering. That was very helpful for me, as I'm not a plant expert and really need to be guided into purchasing plants that would be hardy in my low-light tanks. http://www.aquafloranurseries.com/

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Good to know. I just placed an order today and can't wait for them to arrive. I love their website as well. Very easy to decide which plant to get when there is a picture and description with each one.

I ordered fertz from them last week and got them in 4 days. Very fast shipping.

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
Yes i have been talking to Tim for a long time now, he will be a sponsor in the next week or so

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Thats great a local nurserie clost to home.I didnt fully scan through their site,but can anyone here whos ordered through them say their prices are fair?
Thanks

Luke

·
Registered
700 Posts
I saw some of their Aquapak plants today at Mrpets. They looked very healthy:)

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
That's great. I'll give them a try. I'll wait for them to become a sponsor though, in the hope of a discount. ;)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thats great a local nurserie clost to home.I didnt fully scan through their site,but can anyone here whos ordered through them say their prices are fair?
Thanks

Luke
Luke,

The Tissue cultures they sell are 4 times the size of a regular pot, so in essence they are 4 pots worth of plants. They sell for $12.97 or $3.25 a pot, I would say that is pretty good, as I have never seen plants that cheap.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I saw some HC that came from aquaflora at April's the other day and the amount are big, really good deal for $10...I guess I have to stop growing HC for sale then...lol...just hope they can bring some plants that r not locally seen, some rare ones, that would b niceeee

·
Registered
341 Posts
Bien,

I just happen to know that they are working on a few, (I know because I am their all the time) but I can't say what just yet!

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I've ordered over $200 worth of plants from Tim. He personally delivered it, i was amazed.

Really great guy, and gave freebies on top of that. His business is absolutely professional, which is astonishing for the amount of bang for your buck you get.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts