British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so the used 90 gal tank I bought the other day is really great, but I do have a question. The glass seems a bit tinted! Kind of a very, very pale smokey tint to it. It wasnt noticable when empty, but it is now with water in it. Can this be changed? Is this just the type of glass? It actually makes the tank look kinda cool, I have an oscar and a green terror in there and a few plants and some nice big river rocks and it sort of makes it almost look as if I used black water extract in it. My other tank (65g) has a very clear glass which is what I am used to seeing, but I have never seen tank glass such as this before.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I did stick a white paper behind the tank and it still looks kind of a very pale grey tint. Very odd! My husband thinks the glass is just very thick and thats why, but I dont know. I got this tank second hand and it was a great deal and is in pretty good shape. I dont know if it was a custom type glass or not. Dont even know the tank brand. It has a wide glass brace on top and the bottom glass sits right on the stand, no space underneath it at all. Also the top and bottom edging are separate pieces, I mean the corners are separate pieces from the rest of the rims. Not explaining it right, sorry..

I do have my 65g tank back painted a nice light green and it looks very nice, so I think I will do the same to this tank as well. At least it will reflect more light. Also, I am going to double up my lights as well. I have a 2 bulb aqualight fixture with a 10000k and a 6700k in it. I think this is a total of 56 watts, so I will get another fixture. All this will help for sure.

Anyway, thanks for the input, it has given me help. Thanks, Betty :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts