British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aquasafe Aquarium II RO/DI System COMBO - $271.99
*** BCAquaria forum members save an additional 5% with coupon code BCAquaria!

• Save on everything you need for years of pure water!
  • 7 stages of water purification that include three stages of D.I. Filtration
  • Consistent readings of 0 ppm
  • 100 GPD production capacity

The Aquasafe Aquarium II COMBO allows you to save on our renowned 7-Stage Aquarium II System, as well as 6 Aquarium Reverse Osmosis Filter changes ( 6 Aquarium SED Filters, 6 Aquarium GAC Filters, 6 Aquarium CCB Filters), 1 full change of DI Resin Beads, a TDS Meter and a PSI Meter - everything you need to produce pure water, and lots of it, for a long time!

Ordinary tap water may contain chemicals detrimental to the sensitive organisms in an aquarium and contaminants that lead to algae growth.
Aquasafe's 7-Stage RO/DI Aquarium System COMBO will help you provide a safe and consistent aquatic environment for years to come!

$271.99 Save: 20% off

·
Super Moderator
4,021 Posts
Awesome deal, I have this system and it works very well for me, I added a 55 gallon storage tank to have extra RO water on hand. :cool:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Once installed, could this unit be uninstalled and moved to another location fairly easily, or is it more of a permanent fixture?

Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
47 Posts
why would you need a 7 stage in Vancouver. Our water is the cleanest in the world 5-15 tds. Most people in vancouver can get away with just a RO 3 stage. I use a 4 stage RODI but have never seen anything but 0 tds past my RO. 7 stage is for areas with very bad water, which is not Vancouver.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
why would you need a 7 stage in Vancouver. Our water is the cleanest in the world 5-15 tds. Most people in vancouver can get away with just a RO 3 stage. I use a 4 stage RODI but have never seen anything but 0 tds past my RO. 7 stage is for areas with very bad water, which is not Vancouver.
Great Question !

If your water is extremely low in PPM as you've described, than achieving 0ppm (or very close to) is very much possible. Having the DI canisters post the RO Membrane will simply ensure that consistent 0ppm is being achieved. In this way there is some "backup" to the system. For reef tanks worth many of thousands of dollars having a little backup is not a bad idea even with low PPM such as the case in Some areas of the Greater Vancouver area.

For the vast majority of remaining geographic area of North America, water quality is much lower with PPM's in the hundreds or higher in which case three stages of DI if perfectly suited to produce consistent 0 PPM.

Thank you once again for your great question and comment :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Once installed, could this unit be uninstalled and moved to another location fairly easily, or is it more of a permanent fixture?

Cheers,
Rob
Anyone have any ideas or experience with this?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone have any ideas or experience with this?
The Systems come standard with what is called a needle piercing saddle clamp which pierces a very small hole in the cold water line which in tern feeds the system with its feed-water supply. If at all proficient with plumbing replacing this section of tubing if moving is both quick, easy and inexpensive.

There are other hook up options for the cold water feed to your system as well, which is all plug and play and requires no plumbing at all.

There are the following options:
The Kitchen Faucet Adaptor:
The 3/8 x 3/8 x 1/4" plumbing adaptor:
The Garden Hose adaptor:

We hope this information has been of use to you. Please do not hesitate to contact.

Best Regards:

Aquasafe Systems
Toll Free: (888) 942-0226
Fax: (778) 426-2271
Email: [email protected]
Website: Home & Aquarium Reverse Osmosis. Shower Filters. Whole House Filters.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a quick question on ebay it showd that you guys are selling this same setup including everything for 210.06. Wondering why its more expensive here?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just a quick question on ebay it showd that you guys are selling this same setup including everything for 210.06. Wondering why its more expensive here?
Hello again :)

Sometimes we have our systems on Ebay as a sort of Liquidation sale; however there are some key differences... The warranty through ebay is a limited 1 year warranty where through the website its unlimited 3 year. The return policy is also different but honestly not really applicable as it is extremely rare we receive returns. Also, through the website all systems ship free and come with a free TDS meter where through ebay shipping may not be free and no free tds meter is included.

Thanks again for writing in !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts