British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

Aquarium-Wall Mount on Craigslist

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Sargasso 
#1 · (Edited)
Almost want to get this myself but thought I would pass it along to you guys, seems like a good deal for only $25 with everything right?

Aquarium-Wall Mount

#8 ·
Pick that up after work today. It came with an 8W T5 and mini filter. All I need to add is a 50W heater.

It is already on the wall with ada and water. Only a 2 gallon tank. Added a mirror mylar behind to give it more depth.

I will host shrimps from Patrick and Mosquitio Rasbora and a few others small fish from April which I forgot the name already.

Will post picture once the water clears and the livestock transferred over.

#10 · (Edited)
Voila!
Plants from Anthony and Stuart, fish from April, shrimps from patrick.
Added another 8W T5 from Home Depot to a total of 16W. Hope that is enough light for the plants - water is only 8" deep.

BTW. Over 10 years in salt water. Just got back into fresh with a 30 gallon old planted tank given to me from a friend just before Christian. This wall aquarium is my fresh water #6 - replaced the rimless I bought from Stuart which will soon become fresh water #8 :D My wife been saying a new tank every two week counting the two betta tanks I just shut down.

#11 ·
BTW. Over 10 years in salt water. Just got back into fresh with a 30 gallon old planted tank given to me from a friend just before Christian. This wall aquarium is my fresh water #6 - replaced the rimless I bought from Stuart that will soon become fresh water #8 :D

#16 ·
Don't know how I mess up the thread.

You can order from Aussie Aquarium, I think that little guy is over $400 new.

Thinking about custom building a larger one already - 36"L x16"H x4"D ? The frame and support does not look hard to do - in fact they use high density particle board :! There could be from the 100s of laminate available whether aluminum or formica. Daniel coudl probably make a pink one as well :)

Acutally thinking of using glass mirror for the back. Not too many SF of glass. I am estimating the glass cost should be well under $100. Good fall project.

Will keep you all posted.

#18 ·
I saw some at Sam's Surplus in Burnaby, in the industrial park off of Marine Drive. They had a few sizes, including some large ones, but they wanted some coin for them...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.