British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, iv had this baby 5" Arowana for about 5 days now.

He was shy at first, but the 2nd, 3rd and 4th day he was really happy and everytime he was m ran toward me for food.

last nifht and today he's been sitting in a corner next to the filter, (there a low flow zone there)

Is anything wrong with him?

setup os
It's a 110 gallon tank with 2 jewel cichlids that are about his size not as long though.

all water parameters are norman zero nitrate and nitrite, pH 7..i think test strip is medocre.

and there a AC110, topfin 30 and Fluval 105 for filtration.

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
maybe Ph7 is little high, i keep my hbrtg is Ph6.8 , another reason is maybe ur tank is too big now, because just only the aro and 2 jewel only, so he scare , give him a few more days, how is another 2 jewel , did they swiming well, or same as arow ? did they fighting with arow in the nighttime ? the better way is can take ur arow pic , so can see how problem from him or your tank ?
thks!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hi, iv had this baby 5" Arowana for about 5 days now.

He was shy at first, but the 2nd, 3rd and 4th day he was really happy and everytime he was m ran toward me for food.

last nifht and today he's been sitting in a corner next to the filter, (there a low flow zone there)

Is anything wrong with him?

setup os
It's a 110 gallon tank with 2 jewel cichlids that are about his size not as long though.

all water parameters are norman zero nitrate and nitrite, pH 7..i think test strip is medocre.

and there a AC110, topfin 30 and Fluval 105 for filtration.
I would give him some time. sounds like ur doing everything correct. i do recommend liquid tests over test strips any day though.

Ur pH is perfect where it is, do not mess with it! that extra .2 pH difference doesn't make a lick of difference. also its good u have him in a 110 rather then a small tank. its a lot easier to keep the parameters in check do to the dilution of waste from water volume.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe Ph7 is little high, i keep my hbrtg is Ph6.8 , another reason is maybe ur tank is too big now, because just only the aro and 2 jewel only, so he scare , give him a few more days, how is another 2 jewel , did they swiming well, or same as arow ? did they fighting with arow in the nighttime ? the better way is can take ur arow pic , so can see how problem from him or your tank ?
thks!
They Jewel are always on the bottom, they don't seem to mind, but are very aware of the awaro, They have laid eggs

This kind of make me thing if jewel is being aggressive at night.

should i leave the light on then? also there is 24/7 ambient light from across the room from the Garage so its not pitch black.

12 hour of direct canopy light.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
More likely your Jewel scare your aro. Get the egg crate and divide them out for now until your aro is a bit bigger. Ph7 is fine as long as the water is good.

·
Registered
327 Posts
if your jewel are breeding, they can get very protective of their eggs... i wonder if the arow got a little too close and got a beating? Jewels can be pretty tough when it comes to protecting their young. Once everyones used to each other it should be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts