British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Just got back from the states yesterday and had my brother just pointed out that I have GUPPY BABIES! I Put them in this small tank like 1 Litre tank and I have the mother in the breeder box in the tank but I think I may put the babies in the breeder box because the other tank doesnt have a heater,filter and such like that. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I think it would be best if you could put them back into the breeder box but divide/separate them from the mother. Maybe something plastic cut to size? The breeder box I have came with dividers do I'm not sure what you could use.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah I did that, I said to myself "The other tank probably wouldnt be a suitable environment" so did what u said above.

Also I was wondering what would be the best food for these guys, I was thinking brine shrimp? But right now I am feeding them bloodworms and flakes.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Baby guppies can eat powdered flake food, or one of Sera's powdered baby foods, or Hikari First Bites, anything like that. They like some vegetable matter in their food. If they are already big enough to eat bloodworms, then they probably don't need powdered food anymore, though!

Congratulations on your guppy fry. What kind of guppies do you have?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've got a bunch of baby guppies too.... some of them are 'bent', and i think i should be culling them. Or should i feed them to my bigger fish? With these deformities i don't think they will do well @ adulthood.

·
Super Moderator
2,109 Posts
I too have guppies.
I don't keep any of the ones that are not heathy/deformed.

They only result in passing on inferior traits.
I feed my babbies Nutrafin Max small tropical fish micro granules.

I still have not had any luck trying to take good photos of my guppies as they keep moving & I fogot to clean the outside of the tank.

·
Registered
327 Posts
their backs are all bent and they have difficulty swimming.... i fed 'em to the larger inhabitants of my community tank :) i must have 100 guppies no.. lol

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha I knew there backs just seeing if anyone has found anyone other deformidies. I am hoping for a leopard and a tequila sunrise

1 - 13 of 13 Posts