British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would post some recent pics as the little guys grow.

I have them with the Mom in a 10G. I moved the cave with Mom inside before they hatched. They are about a month old now. Some of them are a lot bigger than others. They are harder to count now as they go places, but there seems to be a good 30-35 of them. And as you can see they start looking like little kribs. Very cute.

They don't stay with Mom so much, sometimes venturing to the other side of the tank (I know, 10G isn't so big, but still, that a big step for them :D). Sometimes Mom freaks out because she sees one at the other end of the tank, so she zooms there to pick him up, but they are too big to fit in her mouth now, so she tries a few times and eventually gives up. It's hilarious.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the pics. I personally love the second one with Mom looking on in the background. Thanks for looking. :)

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Wow they look so helthy and they sure growing quick :)

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all. Yes I will keep posting pics as they grow. Hopefully they'll be up for sale in a month or two.

they look like they have dots on them.. wonder how they will look full grown..
Fisherman, interestingly even adult kribs develop these transversal markings at times, notably when they are stressed out. I have no reason to think that the little guys are stressed out, what I mean is these marks are likely the normal colouration of young kribs. The first batch I had looked just like these. So I expect them to look just like their parents when full grown. Although I noticed today that a couple of them are a lot darker than the other ones. Almost black throughout, with occasional lighter marks. I'm curious to see how these will turn out...

Thanks again for your interest.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I happened to have my camera nearby when I fed the little ones tonight, so here are a few pics again. Sorry if you've seen enough of them - just click to the next thread. ;)

So they are about 6 weeks old now. The biggest ones are about 1cm in length. Still about 35 of them. Mom is out of the breeder tank now, back into the 48G with Dad.

I feed them twice a day now. A light First Bites breakfast in the morning and a large blood worms dinner at night. I grate the frozen blood worms to make smaller mouthfuls, but you should see them gobble up the few worms that do make it whole through the grater. Sometimes the fish is barely longer than the worm. :eek:

Anyway, they'll be up for sale in about 10 days to 2 weeks. I'm thinking $1 each since they are so small. Feel free to let me know in advance if you'd like some so that I can gauge the amount of interest. I'll probably keep some until they're bigger and possible to sex. But they'll be $2 then. :D

Enjoy. :)

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Awwwww they look so cute, good job

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awwwww they look so cute, good job
Thanks Claudia. Yes, every week they look more like little kribs. The dark lateral bands are a lot more pronounced now. I really like watching them. Way better than TV!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts