British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where would be the best spot to hit up to get a backround for my 5foot 120g, nothing overly expensive. im looking into getting a rock'ish scenery for the back of my african tank. but i would like to hear your experiences on where is the cheapest, who has some nice backrounds. i thought about painting black or even putting a black backround but i feel i need something more exciting..

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops, maybe this is better suited for Equipment talk section, if a mod feels the same way. please move it there :)

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
i was at IPU Burnaby this morning and they had some killer intank back grounds..
the one i looked at was only $25.
but i would check them out for sure.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Island Pets have a nice selection and you pay by the foot. We payed $25 for 4ftx24" for a rock background. It's very nice and has a 3D appearance.

·
Registered
623 Posts
OMG i have black paint that i just used on mine, i have 3/4 of a can left you can use it had it up for 10$

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Island Pets have a nice selection and you pay by the foot. We payed $25 for 4ftx24" for a rock background. It's very nice and has a 3D appearance.
thats pretty good price! im gonna check out there! thanks for the info guys...

@donjaun, im tempted to go black for a clean simple look.. but i want to see if i like a scenic backround first, i would just save it, if your like any of use your gonna change, get new tanks and you wont have to get some more :D

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Wow. $25 for a sheet of background. I had that come with a used tank. I also spent $25 at Landscape Supply Centre for some nice flat rocks to stack up as a rock wall at the back to provide tons caves for my 25+ cichilids in a 90 Gallon.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Wow. $25 for a sheet of background. I had that come with a used tank. I also spent $25 at Landscape Supply Centre for some nice flat rocks to stack up as a rock wall at the back to provide tons caves for my 25+ cichilids in a 90 Gallon.
i'd like to see how that turned out... any pics? thinking of doing something similar, or a DIY 3D bg

·
Registered
259 Posts
I want to do a real rock background. Our new tank will have a black painted background and we are considering doing a rad cave feature.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Gklaw, i know what tank you are talking about lol!! Now that i've painted a tank, i'll only do that for the rest of time, the texture makes everything stand out in the tank. Looks amazing!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts