British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I have a question about Banded Hi Fin Sharks ... Where can I purchase them on Vancouver Island? (Not sure if I can post this question here... I'm new)
I'm looking into getting one or two for my fish pond which is about 500 to 600 gallons. I currently have some Comet Goldfish and Fathead Minnows in there, but want to try something different as well. I live in Parksville so I'm not sure where I could find any that are relatively close by (like Nanaimo or Port Alberni) ... I did check Paws and Jaws in Nanaimo but they don't have any.
I'm also running two fresh water aquariums, one is 22 gallons, the other is a 36 Gallon Bowfront. The larger tank needs some restocking as most of my fish have passed from old age. I would like to get some Neon Tetras but I haven't been able to find any larger ones anywhere as well. Only the tiny guys, and I worry that my 5 Neons and my Zebra Danios might pick on little guys.
Thank you in advanced!
~Raven

·
Registered
240 Posts
I don't live on the island, but just to mention I've only seen banded sharks for sale a few times in my life. Apparently they get huge and lose there interesting markings with age but maybe look that up and see if that's an issue for you.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Hello everyone! I have a question about Banded Hi Fin Sharks ... Where can I purchase them on Vancouver Island? (Not sure if I can post this question here... I'm new)
I'm looking into getting one or two for my fish pond which is about 500 to 600 gallons. I currently have some Comet Goldfish and Fathead Minnows in there, but want to try something different as well. I live in Parksville so I'm not sure where I could find any that are relatively close by (like Nanaimo or Port Alberni) ... I did check Paws and Jaws in Nanaimo but they don't have any.
I'm also running two fresh water aquariums, one is 22 gallons, the other is a 36 Gallon Bowfront. The larger tank needs some restocking as most of my fish have passed from old age. I would like to get some Neon Tetras but I haven't been able to find any larger ones anywhere as well. Only the tiny guys, and I worry that my 5 Neons and my Zebra Danios might pick on little guys.
Thank you in advanced!
~Raven
depends on where you are, I can always ship some cardinals to harbor air nanamio. Can't help you on the shark as I don't see them very much anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've done a lot of research on the Banded Sharks, and that's actually why I want to get one or a pair. My pond is pretty large, so I think they would do well. And while I know they lose their stripes, they still look pretty neat as adults... to me anyway!
I've been trying to find online stores and such that might sell them, but I am having difficulties with it, as I've only found a few and they are in the US and don't ship to Canada. I'll keep looking though!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in Parksville, so I'm only about 35 minutes (driving) from Harbour Air. Cardinals are gorgeous. I'd love to get some!
I'm finding that the Sharks do seem rare and hard to find now, but I remember seeing them in Pet stores before... but that was before I had my pond or knew much about them. I'm hoping I can come across some soon though. I feel like they would be a good fit in my pond.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts