British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Barramundi are in the same family as the Nile Perch we have imported. I have never seen Barramundi available as they are more popularly a food fish. A friend of mine breeds them in the Pacific for this reason. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Tons at T&T. I'm not kidding. Not much to look at though based on what I saw there. I'm not talking about the special platinum one's that Neoprodigy has and others that we've seen on MFK.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
They are probably at least 12" last time I was there. I'm sure if you are chinese and chat with the guy he will probably sell you a live one. Only reason I say chinese is that most of them don't speak 2 words of english.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shoot. I'm not chinese,lol.:) But guess 12" is to big anyways. I wish I could have them that big but it would destroy my other fish. I want one around 6-8" so it's around the same size as the rest of my fish. If my fish were bigger I would get a bigger one. I really think these fish look their prime at 18"+.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Yeah, they are sold for food so they are definitely big. I think most of the fish are farmed too so they control the sizes pretty easily.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I'm planning on getting some at TnT when I got the time.
You planning to get a job there again?

If I remember correctly, you got a job at TnT just so that you can get your hands on those snakeheads..am I right? (or was it someone else?) :D

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
You planning to get a job there again?

If I remember correctly, you got a job at TnT just so that you can get your hands on those snakeheads..am I right? (or was it someone else?) :D
No not this time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts