British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SO originally I started this thread and it was titled My Bettas "Past & Present. But one of the members came up with a great idea to turn this into a thread for all the members to post photos or vids of their Betta's, even the ones you've had from the past. I'm sure there was another thread for it , but I can't seem to find it. Thanks Roadrunner for the idea. Please feel free to post pix or vids of you Betta. Look forward to seeing them!

And if you haven't already.. come join the Betta group:
http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/groups/betta-community-5/

heres all my Betta's , which all but the first one came from IPU
Haven't named them all yet lol but will soon Hope you enjoy :)
this is my first one & you just couldn't ask for a cooler Betta, eats from my hand , let's me pet him lol always has to know why my hand is in the tank, acts like he want to help lol Anyway is Jack:

Jack passed away Sept 2010 :( .......RIP Jack

This is the first one I got from IPU. His name is Buddy cause I couldn't come up with a name and always called him Buddy so Buddy it became lol:

Got these Crowntails at the same time:
this one is Billy as in Billy Bad Ass lol cuz he's always flaring and ready for a a fight

this one started off green and morphed to blue:

he passed from a swim bladder problem

this was my first Double-tail , which died right after getting him home:

last but not least ,here's was his replacement but died too:

I gave up on double tails after this one died

hope that wasn't too many pix

·
Registered
311 Posts
Never too many pics!
Some really nice looking bettas!
RIP your DT :( You found a really neat looking one to replace him though!

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never too many pics!
Some really nice looking bettas!
RIP your DT :( You found a really neat looking one to replace him though!
Thanks Bulldog...I have about 1000 pix of these guys now lol As for the replacement one he is very neat looking , but he's not doing too well ,don't have clue whats wrong with him , but if he dies then I give up on the DT's

·
Registered
311 Posts
Lol, I know what you mean! The other day I ended up taking about 200 pictures of my bettas, all in about an hour's time xD But that's what digital cameras are for, right?

Hope your new DT gets better!

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear ya , I'm getting 100 pix a day here, especially since I won this 10 mega-pixel Canon PowerShot out of one of them goofy rip ya off games at the mall. Quite the step up from my DXG 5.1 mp camera. Altho I shouldn't call it a rip ya off game as it only cost me about $5 total to win it haha

Hope he get's better too, Im not enjoying the Betta Cemetery I started this week under my balcony.........

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
the newest fellas.....

this is Zakk had him since May 2010 , he's quite the character.
pic of when I brought him home:

current pic, sporting the newly acquired colors:

can see more of him here: http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/member-photo-video-gallery-17/zakk-betta-new-pix-1095/#post11159

This fella I got last week at IPU, haven't named him yet. I had probs with Double tails in the past and swore to not get one again , But I couldn't resist this fella.

can see more of him here:http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/member-photo-video-gallery-17/one-cool-betta-11775/

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Buddy died for some reason last week. He was the first of many beautiful Betta's I purchased from IPU. Had him a little over a year. Dunno why & probably never will, just happened without any warning. Was very weird as I was sitting in a chair across the room & seen him floating around as he normally does ( upright & just below the surface) except his fins looked damaged. When I got up to check him out , I realized he was dead :( Then it hit me ....the night before, I did a "speed feed" during IRT: Deadliest Roads & realized when I had put food in he didn't flinch, thought it funny for a sec but payed no mind as I didn't want to miss my show. When I did realize he was dead, it hit me he was dead the night before. Was really weird he was upright and at the surface like he was still alive & was that way for over 24 hours. Anyway, most know I really love my Betta's so thought I'd share a few pix of him , ...RIP Buddy

Sharing some blood worms with Superfrog:

his home:

·
Registered
783 Posts
I love this thread. What a great idea! Sorry for you lost bettas, I know how you feel.
I'll see if I can get together all my bettas pictures (now and then). Just wondering if it is ok to post them here or should I start another thread?

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks Roadrunner. Did a little editing to this thread from my original reply. I think that is a great idea you had and I decided make this a thread for all the members beautiful betta's photo's past and present. Look forward to seeing yours up here as I know you have some gorgeous ones now, so post away! Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sorry to hear about Buddy :( So hard to lose a pet, especially suddenly!

I'll post up some of my pics.
This is Morbo, my very first betta.

I love this head-on pic. Sorry I don't have a bigger picture uploaded!

Next is Pixel, who I still have. Here he is when I first brought him home... He was just a wee little baby :)

Always curious:

His colours have really come in. This one is a couple months after I got him:

And this is what he looks like now:

Next, Engma. Here's an early one of him flaring.

And contemplating eating a shrimp:

And a much more recent one of him in his new tank:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Shortly after I got Enigma (who I initially thought was female), I got Rosemary and Mango to share the 15g. Turns out Enigma and Mango were male, so I had to get another tank :p

Rosey, shortly after being put in the 15g

And Mango:

A much more flattering picture of Mango, once he got his own digs:

Mango died just a few weeks ago. He was looking worse and worse for the last couple weeks, and I tried a couple different treatments, but nothing worked.

Rosey, being contemplative:

And showing some of her best colours:

To be honest, I was surprised Rosey outlasted Mango. Rosey has a little pectoral fin (birth defect), and also has swim bladder issues, which I assume is also from a birth defect. But she's still going strong! She always greets me enthusiastically!

And last, but certainly not least, is Marmaduke. Sadly, I only had Marm for a few months, but I think he might have been pretty old when I got him (he was quite big). But he was certainly unlike any of my other bettas!

I did this close up shot of his eye, which I thought was so cool!

I'm overdue for a water change in the tanks, and I really should take some new pics of everyone! Of course, they usually only flare when the light is out :p

·
Registered
783 Posts
Thanx BullDog for sharing. Awesome shots! I was going through my betta pics tonight and I didn't realized that I have so many. I still have to go through some of them, so it may take a while but I'll be posting some soon. My camera is little older so I want to pick the best shots.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
my double tail "tails" (like sonics sidekick) not realizing that he is looking at himself

bought him a few weeks ago because he was only 4.99 and i coudnt say no to a double tail for 4.99

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Bulldog and was sorry to hear about Mango as well. I know you went thru alot to save him. I went thru the same with Jack , who was my fav. but just couldn't save him, but atleast we tried. The eye shot of Marmaduke is cool, what a name btw lol. Sorry to hear he passed as well. Thanks for sharing and those some really great pix of your beautiful Betta's.

Spit.Fire that is one gorgeous double tail, was hoping you'd post a shot of him. Seen him in your avatar picture and obviously it's too small to see his real beauty. $5 ???? what a score! Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Thanks Bulldog and was sorry to hear about Mango as well. I know you went thru alot to save him. I went thru the same with Jack , who was my fav. but just couldn't save him, but atleast we tried. The eye shot of Marmaduke is cool, what a name btw lol. Sorry to hear he passed as well. Thanks for sharing and those some really great pix of your beautiful Betta's.

Spit.Fire that is one gorgeous double tail, was hoping you'd post a shot of him. Seen him in your avatar picture and obviously it's too small to see his real beauty. $5 ???? what a score! Thanks for sharing
ya i know a place where i can get them most of the time for 5$ each now

crowntail
double tail
normal tail

all 5$

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bubbles :)

This is Bubbles, picked him up today... he makes number 5...
3 males and one female... ANNDD a tank with about 40 11 day old fry :)

I'll post pics of the other guys soon. Videos of the spawn, and then fry are up in the "breeding and spawning" thread.

Love my bettas~

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Bettas

... meant to send pm but accidentally posted it in this thread, sorry

1 - 20 of 153 Posts