British Columbia Aquariums banner

21 - 40 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Bumping the thread and adding a few new pics.

Pixel:

It's not easy to get pics in an acrylic, bowfront aquarium, but I'm pretty happy with this one of Enigma:

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Nice pics Bulldog & thanks for bumping this up , I know there's more than 4 Betta's owners on this site...sure hope to see some more members Betta's

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
So i found some flaws in my betta tank :( my overflow holes are just big enough for my bettas to stick their heads into (my doubletail decided to stick his head in there and got stuck but i got to him before any permanant damage was done to him, he seems to be heeling up fine and only time will tell how much scaring he will show from it :( ) so i changed it by putting screens on them and just letting the water flow over the walls, the section with the heater in it is just untill i get a smaller filter, there's a dwarf pufferfish in with the heater and he seems to love it in there

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
CC that is one gorgeous Betta, thanks for sharing

Spit....that tank looks great , plan on doing something like that myself. Sorry to hear about your split tail, they are definitely curious fish, hope he is recovering ok

·
Registered
311 Posts
Love that setup Spit! I really like the betta with the orange/red tail :D

That one is way cool CC, I can see why he's a favourite! His colours are really unlike anything else I've seen!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Awesome photos everybody! I haven't forgotten about this thread. I finally found my photos of my first betta fish yesterday. I did not have digital camera then, so I have to scan it first. I will be posting some of the pictures soon. Stay tuned! :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Lumos the tailbiter. He looks nothing like this now.

Riel, passed away recently.

Nimbus, the morpher.

Sydney, the golden boy. Now a tailbiter too.

Fawkes, the big boy.

Ponyo, deceased.

Drizzle, deceased. My first fish after a long hiatus.

Locke, younger picture of him before his tail grew in and then became a tailbiter.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
are gourami's compatible with betta's, i know they are among the same line but i was just wondering
depends on the species of gourami, some are quite territorial while others would do fine with a betta, stay away from kissing gouramis tho

·
Registered
783 Posts
WOW! Nice shots! Now I have to get to mine too.
Just wondering, why would bettas start biting their tails? I have couple of those now too. Are they bored?

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Beautiful Betta's! Great pix everyone! Thanks for sharing !

Atom, I really like Locke's color, would love to see a recent pic of him.

jordonsmum:Nice collection... I'll bet the last one in part II looks really cool when he flares, very nice colors

Roadrunner: I have never seen any of my Betta's biting their tail, but maybe they do it for the same reasons dogs chase their tails lol

Here's a oddball shot of my split tail....sorry not the best quality
the blue lips kills me lol

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
WOW! Nice shots! Now I have to get to mine too.
Just wondering, why would bettas start biting their tails? I have couple of those now too. Are they bored?
My theory based on my personal experiences with Bettas is that I believe they really don't like having the extra heavy finnage dragging behind them. None of my crowntails are tailbiters and so far only my halfmoons have done this, but only after a certain point. They start to bite when their tails have reached a certain spread and length. I think it may partially be stressed related so they give themselves "fincuts" to reduce drag. This of course is based off my own bettas and observations.

Atom, I really like Locke's color, would love to see a recent pic of him.

I will see if I can get a recent photo of him. He is the same colour, but with tattered fins.

21 - 40 of 153 Posts