British Columbia Aquariums banner

41 - 60 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
hello everybody, time to revive this post! Finally I found some time to go through some of my photos. I know I'm missing some, but here are ones I found so far.
My very first betta that started all!

these are boys from era when I did not give them any names yet

yellow was my oldest, not exactly sure but I think he was 5+ years old

·
Registered
783 Posts
and these are boys I gave names to (and now miss more :()
Snowflake (died from SBD, I did everything I could to save him, he was my true baby)

Piggy Nose (my husband picked and named him)

Sebastian

Peacock (my husband 2nd pick, died suddenly not sure why)

Hector

Elbram (marble backwards)

Bluie Louie

and here are my current boys
Andy

Mr. Jumpy (he jumped on the counter once when I was changing his water)

Spot

Skitty (he was very skittish for a long time)

·
Super Moderator
5,238 Posts
Here is my only betta named 'Dragon'. In his new digs (sourced from Grete_J last night). No more jumbo cookie jar for him :eek:!

Best regards,

Stuart

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Stuart...I bet Dragon loves the new diggs. Is that the same one that was in the cookie jar way back when I got the plants from you?

Roadrunner...bout time lol ....very nice collection

H

·
0 Posts
wow, people here have some really nice looking bettas :O) here are mine :O)

- my new platinum crowntail named snowflake

- my white half moon named snowball

- red crowntail named sebastian

- blue, orange and white half moon named joey (to CRS fan, back left corner are plants from your tank, in fact i have plants from your tanks in every tank i have :O)

·
Registered
783 Posts
hey hoolagal, you have two names like mine previous bettas had (snowflake and sebastian) cute!

Diztrbd1, I know, it took a while, but hey I did it! :)

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
in the process of bumping this up to hopefully get some more Betta's on here, figured I'd throw a couple new shot's of mine

really hard to get a shot of either of these full flared, one day if I'm lucky

·
Registered
2,749 Posts

ill get some pics of the red one flaired out soon

·
Registered
64 Posts
Zoom

Here's my current betta. I call him Zoom because he likes to speed. Unfortunately his tail was suffering from fin rot when I got him and his tail has never really healed. :(
Zoom 2 edited.jpg
Zoom 3 edited.jpg

·
Registered
997 Posts
(Most ppl have seen this guy already but I *really* like him)

and this is the betta I had before him, I bought him quite some time ago but he was only with me for less than a year. He had an eye infection when I bought him and it kept recurring, even with treatment and then one day he was just gone, I never found the body in the 55g "jungle" he lived in. Too bad, he didn't phorograph well but was a beautiful fish.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
has anyone ever seen giant bettas? got some in at fishword today and well... they're giants compared to the normal ones

·
Registered
783 Posts
How much bigger are the giant bettas? My oldest one (yellow) was a lot bigger than others and I haven't had one that big since. I was wondering if he would be considered giant betta too.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hello all. just got my first Betta the other day, in a bowl. didn't like the bowl so i got a 1 gallon planet aquarium. much better. i really like my Betta and will probably get more in time. any tips on keeping these guys is welcome

betta.jpg

betta2.jpg

betta3.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Nice looking Betta, looks like the first one I had. Good decision to get it out of the bowl and into something a bit bigger. Not sure if the tank you have him in has a filter and heater, but they do best in 75-82 degree water, I keep mine at 78. If you don't have a heater, I'd recommend getting one if the temp is below that. A 1 gal tank probably don't need a filter, just make sure to change the water every 1-2 weeks. They also love to explore, I have a piece of driftwood and a cave in each oh my Betta's tanks, they love it. They like plants too, even if they are the silk ones, mine are always hanging out in the plants if they are not swimming around. Also , not sure what you feed him , I presume you use the Betta pellets. They love blood worms live,freeze dried & frozen. Never hurts to vary the diet a bit.
They do pretty well in community tanks as well, in case you ever want to put him in one of your bigger tanks.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
cool i was wondering about water changes. and no heater but in a worm room that never gets cold. and there is a ug filter with the 1g but im not quite sure if it works right, i never had a ug filter before, so do you know if the air is supposed to come out from under the base ? cause mine came with an air-stone but no way to attach it and the stem in the down-tube stops about 3/4 of the way down so the air never gets underneath and just pumps out big bubbles so i haven't used it. i got it from value village for 8 bucks hinged lid / light, air pump, and ug thanks for the help oh and can u keep betta in a pair or group or just single ? oh and you have very nice Betta's what kind are they ? and i like the rams very cool

·
Registered
783 Posts
My betta Mr. Jumpy passed away. He was probably 4 years old. I'm not sure how exactly, because I don't know how old he was when I got him. He had great life. Always happy fish, slowing down little bit at the end and died fast (hopefully without much suffering).

I almost bought another betta from petsmart over the border. They had really nice healthy dragons, HM & CT and very reasonable prices (HM only $6.99!). Not sure why Petsmart here isn't the same.

41 - 60 of 153 Posts