British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have these for a month now. Very healthy looking. The longest ever that I have been able to keep German blue Ram alive. The ones I got bred after one week I got them, but they all died of parasites infection shortly.

I keep these in a semi bare tank. Keeping the water very clean. Only one pebble thick substrate.

These are so beautiful. I hope they breed soon. I heard it is hard to breed Electric Blue Rams.

GEBRGF.jpg

GEBRGF2.jpg

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These guys are not shy. You see a glass dish in the tank at the corner of the picture. The moment they see my tongs that I use to place the food in the dish, they come rushing to get the food.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they are very stunning. good luck with the breeding.
I am not sure about breeding. For some reason, they are not that keen about breeding. I feed them fry food, some frozen Brine shrimps, changed some water. They are just not interested in breeding like the regular German Blue Rams. But they look amazing. Maybe they should be called KOI German Electric Blue Ram.

·
Registered
410 Posts
the colour on those rams are great!
i also have two but their colour isn't even close to that.

any idea how old they are when you bought them?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
having just the one male and female with no other fish at all would be better chances of successful breeding. there is lesss tress f having to ward off others that gives them peace of mind. when i bred my angel i even went so far as to block thier view of other fishusing tissue wrapping paper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts