British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any reccomendations on where I can go to get glass cut for a sliding top? It's for a 55g so approx. 48" x 12" total. I will actually need four pieces since there is a brace in the middle. Do they charge per cut or just for the glass only?

I am using eggcrate atm but I am worried about condensation getting into the light fixture.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I found the couple Speedy locations I went to far too expensive.
Same as Broco. To add, the Broco I went to had a large (over 100 gal I think) fish tank out in the shop area that was covered in algae. Looked terrible.

I wound up going to Crystal Auto Glass at 7454 - 6th st. in Burnaby. 604-526-1651
I got what I thought was a good deal. Randall is the managers name.
For my 48 x 16 tank, it cost me 30 bucks straight across and that was with also getting a couple small cross pieces cut to support the lids.
The other places were telling me they couldn't cut things that small or narrow.

I would not hesitate to give them my business again.

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
I use Candu glass in Burnaby. They will do it as a cash transaction. Ask them for a quote (cash) and tell them Anthony the fish guy sent you.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation, Anthony the fish guy :) I was looking for that kind of info too.

And if I can use the topic, what about cutting tiles? There was a topic recently about using tiles instead of bare bottom. I have a 5 g tank I would like to try this idea and use it for betta.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation, Anthony the fish guy :) I was looking for that kind of info too.

And if I can use the topic, what about cutting tiles? There was a topic recently about using tiles instead of bare bottom. I have a 5 g tank I would like to try this idea and use it for betta.
Rent a tile cutter from HD for like $5 or buy a set of tile nippers if you're really, really patient.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts