British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am pulling my tank away from the wall for the first time in a long time to do some cleaning behind the tank and decided to redo my aquarium background.
Last time i put the background on using soap and water. Couple years later it kind of dried out and i got some bubble patches which obviously drove me nuts. But since the tank is only 6" or so from the wall, its kind of hard to redo it unless i drain and move the tank away from the wall.

Anyways, I'm thinking of re-applying the background. And am wondering what the best method/solution to use to get this done in 1 try.

I've heard that seaview isnt that great and forms bubbles over time. Anyone try using some sort of vegetable oil for this purpose? Does it adhere well over time?

Any other options, aside from painting?

Thanks!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I tried Vaseline before, it didn't work. It dried out in its 2nd or 3rd year leaving bubbles patches. So I think any oily substance will be the same

·
ORIGINAL FORUM GANGSTER
2,313 Posts
scotch tape

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think he's going for the almost realistic view for the back ground. Usually wetting it does it but it's only temporary and dries out again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts