British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all may know, I got a pair of angels that spawned three weeks ago. I have the babies in a 5.5 gal bare bottom growout tank right now and there are about 15 Angelfish fries and I added a tiny bnp in there to eat the slime off the tank walls and the excess food.

I was just wondering about two things, first is whether I should move them into a 10gal soon and then eventually into the 33 gallon tank that I have unused atm when they get bigger or if I can sustain them until they are dime sized in the 5.5gal and then just move them directly into the 33gal.

Secondly how should I move the fries without damaging them. They are two weeks in to free swimming and are about 1cm long now

IMG_20151123_163111.jpg

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Get a siphon and siphon them into a bucket then add all the water and some new to the new tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they were isolated from the parents since day 1 as the parents are just in the 75gal planted community. I was just scared that the fries would be too big to be siphoned out now if I were to want to move them out of the 5.5 gal into something bigger

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
5.5 or 55. If only a 5.5 then drain 2/3 then pour them into a bucket the float the bucket in the new tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts