British Columbia Aquariums banner

21 - 40 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well Here are few pictures of the New tank. With the help of Beth and Lisa. We got the drfitwood in the tank. I will fill it up tomorrow and will add the filters tomorrow.

here is a side view and you can see how big the stump is..

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
So far so good , thats a nice piece of driftwood you got there.Look forward to the updates.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well. I 'm going in a different direction with this tank.. The tank is located in the living room and my lovely wife Beth spends a lot of time there than I do and her angel tank was going to be in the the rec room, But that's where i spend most of my time. So we decided to make this her tank and I will keep the old 120 acrylic for now and .I will up grade that tank in a few years when the aro gets bigger.So it's a win win from me. I will post a more pictures in a few days.. thanks

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well I have finally have gotten the tank up and running and here are a few pictures of the tank Enjoy..

My Altum...

My altum trio.

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af181/bonsaidave78/072-3.jpg[[IMG]

[IMG]http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af181/bonsaidave78/074-3.jpg

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well It has been a while but it's almost done. Well the brother in law had moved back in and we lost our fish room so we had to get rid of Beth 110 gallon tank and get a 90 gallon . So I have finally got around to get this set up going. Here are a few pictures enjoy.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hey Dave & Beth,
That's going to be a great looking tank !
Can't remember what you mentioned before about stocking it. Is it intended to be Beth's Angel tank - or what ?
Is that where you were going to place the rasboras, the rummynoses, & the silvertips you just picked up ?
When the dust settled at my place, I only had 4 of the rasboras left, so you must have got 8 of them the other night.
Many thanks once again for taking them off my hands - I feel much better now that I believe my tank is not too overstocked anymore - and I think the discus like it better too !
Best to you two,
Paul

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
here are a few pictures of the tank up and running. I still need to re scape the tank . So enjoy.

here are my peruvian angels from island pets. There is 8 in total.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Here is an update on this tank. Well the past few months I have been dealing with 2 outbreaks of Camallanus worm With fish i got from a lfs and yes a sponsor . In that time I lost 4 lg clown loaches ,13 humming bird tetras, 4 paradise fish and a whole lot of tetras. With the help of Pat and a few others .The tank seems to be on the up and up. I will post some pictures soon

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
i am also jealous of the big tanks.

Discus Dave, you got some serious colourful fish. what do you spoil them with?
They Get fed a combination of beef heart ,earthworm and garlic flake from the uk. The get a beef heart and seafood mix made by madgic bug , freeze dried black worms from the US and the also get nsl discus sinking pellets. I change water once every 2 weeks . I do about 75 to 90 % depends on how i feel. For filtration. I have an xp4 and a eheim 2228. at last count I had close to 60 fish in there. I had more but I had lost a lot to a worm problem I picked up from fish i got from a fish store over hte xmas break.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
i am also jealous of the big tanks.

Discus Dave, you got some serious colourful fish. what do you spoil them with?
Ming, there are lots of screaming deals on big tanks out there. Pick up the MTS :D

Dave :

Glad my old community pets are in so many good company and in the care of a master :)

21 - 40 of 133 Posts