British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im graduating Tmr! I cant wait yet im sad about it! 13 years of great memories......
I really dont think im ready for the real world =(
Bills / taxes here i come! LOL

·
Registered
636 Posts
Grad-ing high school or uni..? LOL :) sorry you looked really young dude is why i'm asking. Guessing uni by the "real world" comment.

·
Registered
636 Posts
hehe.. gratz bro! How's the sale going with the Map Turtle btw? The previous owner is a buddy of mine. Thought that turtle was a keeper?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha i had to sell the turtle =( the good thing is that i can still see whenever haha its at my buddys house and its in a pond, better then what i was going to keep it in LOL

·
Registered
567 Posts
Congratz Peter! :) Only advice I have for you is... live with your parents as long as possible! haha :p

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
thanks for all the advice guys!!!! im planning on getting a job and going to langara =D
Congrats! Ah, langara, i knew her well. it has changed alot in the last couple of years. doesn't look like an old highschool anymore. Good luck!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Good! I am a strong believer that a post secondary education of ANY kind will put you FAR ahead in the game of life (unless its a PhD lol!!!)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Congrats. Mines Still in 2 weeks :(
but it's ok. days go fast sometimes ^^

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Good! I am a strong believer that a post secondary education of ANY kind will put you FAR ahead in the game of life (unless its a PhD lol!!!)
Its shame instructors in high school don't share that thought, their veiws are generally only academic post secondary is the only way to make something of yourself. Never once in my High school years did they promote the trades and that post secondary education route. Either way, dont become a professional student and you'll have it made in life, they use degrees as a means to sift through applicants whether or not they have relevance to the job.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Congrats on graduating from High School. Now the real "fun" begins, well sort of unless you are going to University or College.
When I graduated from High School and went to College, I found the transition to be quite abrupt in terms of workload and degree of difficulty. I don't think High School prepares you well at all for when it comes time to go to Post Secondary. I wish High School prepare the student more by educating the high school kid about what is available out there, job career choices, life skills, and not focus so much on academics alone.
Just my 2 cents.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts