British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,461 Posts
They should be fine but expect some fighting or chasing around. Make sure to give both hiding space and far away from each other. They are nocturnal but once settled in the tank they will come out even lights on whenever they want to, especially feeding time. They get up to 12"+ in the first year with proper care. Then the growth rate will slow down and within 5 years or more they will be at 18-24 inches. They look awesome when they are huge. They will eat anything meaty but make sure to cut them up. Also best NOT TO FEED BLOODWORMS OR BLACKWORMS as they will get addicted to eat and will not try to eat other food. You best to train them to eat pellets or prepared meaty foods at early stage.

Do not underestimate the mouth as most people think they have small mouth and only use for sucking bloodworms. It can spread the lower jaw when they fight and you will see how big the mouth is. The length of the mouth is about the same to where the eyes are.

· Registered
2,461 Posts
they must fight, even both same size!better give something they can hide each !i try before, my big one 15" killed my 8" ! becareful it !
Size got a big difference no wonder why the 8" got killed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.