British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey Everyone,

Just got some Blue snake skins that Rick at Canadian aqua farm raised -Gotta say Top Notch!!! Start to finish - They are 1.5" approx and doing great eating awesome - 90% water changes 1 time a day/2 times if i can in the morning too will be the standard and feeding 3+ times - Dark blue back ground will be not what i do next time...Light blue...As they are dark against the darker back ground. but perfect what i want to see at mid to front - Tank is - air stone and 1 cycled fuval, and a Eheim 300w heater..bit overkill i know...but eh work with what ya got.... at day 2 now -

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Very nice! I love blue snakeskins! I used to have two giant ones .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
hey Everyone, Just got some Blue snake skins that Rick at Canadian aqua farm raised -Gotta say Top Notch!!! Start to finish - They are 1.5" approx and doing great eating awesome
Nice looking fish. With these little beauties from Rick, you can have your own personal"grow-out" challenge :) You were right on when you said "Top Notch !!"...." doing great eating awesome".......just positive indications of the healthy and happy fish that Rick always produces. We in the local aquaria community are very fortunate to have someone as dedicated as Rick is to keep a steady supply of beautiful discus available. :bigsmile: Rick is certainly a credit to the hobby.
Look forward to seeing you keep us updated on the progress of these little guys :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice looking fish. With these little beauties from Rick, you can have your own personal"grow-out" challenge :) You were right on when you said "Top Notch !!"...." doing great eating awesome".......just positive indications of the healthy and happy fish that Rick always produces. We in the local aquaria community are very fortunate to have someone as dedicated as Rick is to keep a steady supply of beautiful discus available. :bigsmile: Rick is certainly a credit to the hobby.
Look forward to seeing you keep us updated on the progress of these little guys :)
I agree and thanks! :) Im currently on a 2x a day 90% water change and feed 4 -5 times a day Cycle so long as i can keep them in ship shape(its all in my hands now) and that has its dangerous moments! lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quick 1 Week update. Everyones alive and eating Well. My upgrade tank didnt come in yet sounds like next week....Want to get them into a bigger tank bit more volume of water to play with but i think will be good - 60gal Cube 24x24x24 - I will run it at 1/2 full first...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! Struggling a bit with Wishing i had my bigger tank but it came with a chipped corner from manufacturer so now waiting on replacement killing me! Might dig up a bigger tank but feel like swapping aquariums possibly next week anyway for the 60gal Cube so why Bother them more with moving them 2 times in 1 week.....

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: ..Hate Transfers but i will have a bit of time in here for them and I can get the 60 when it comes painted up and plumbed(overflow drilled tank) and Not be panicing...Have a bit of melafix in the tank as i netted to transfer and they were not to happy about that so see a few dings on them and dont want anything going on even with the big changes in water...figure better safe then sorry.... Tho are already eating food / hunting and fighting for there space as usual but i wanna let them have there time in the dimmed light, Will probably be a couple days though to fully be at home..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are super good! I think the extra water volume is helping lots! - Plus my 60gal showed up today low and behold! lol so will be working on it this weekend for sure. They dont dirty this water near as much i see already so im sure this will help a whole bunch!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Kim86 :) Im a freak for the blues lol Like some red in them but Blue diamonds are awesome looking i had those before and even a pair in a community tank. I want some Brilliant Turqs still after this from Rick but Want these guys a bit bigger/need to get my other tank ready to accept these and my 90 for Turqs and more! haha

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So little update(almost a month now with these guys) Just a photo of one with my iphone after feeding here starting to show Colors. Still have everyone So far on the 15 man Team and hoping to continue that way - Great fish from Rick just gotta say that again and Cant wait to see these guys get huge! :)

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
That one in the center of the photo is looking spectacular. The body shape and fins are great for this size and it has a nice tight chin. Looking forward to seeing it at 6".

1 - 20 of 37 Posts