British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my first boat last spring, a 17 footer with yamaha 90HP 2 stroke outboard motor. I am looking to have it serviced before the up coming fishing season. I was wondering if any members know anyone that does a good job for a decent price. I prefer to take it to someone in richmond or nearby area.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
The service should be done before the winter put away not before the warm season :). With your outboard I would recommend you learn how to do a some service on it yourself so in case you are out in the water and you know what to do with motor, just my 2 cents think of it as another hobby for you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for that :) ..... I know the basics already changing the spark plugs etcs, but what I mean is I want someone that works on motors to have a once look over and make sure everything is running as it should be for peace of mind. I certainly can't wait to take the tarp off the boat sooner then I expected due to the nice temperature we have been having and get working and preping the boat, plan to start hitting the water come march :)

·
Registered
754 Posts
Bridgeview Marine is good, that's where our boats always went. They're on river road, so that might appeal to you.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I have always been one to DIY my motor boat needs....only call on a friend of you really need a helping hand. It's better that way....

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Its out of your area but Haney Marine in Maple Ridge is outstanding. Im a mechanic and always appreciate his honest advice and great service. The owner is there every day and knows his motors. I would never going any where else :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts