British Columbia Aquariums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ever since the chat-room banner was added to the site, my page view bounces up and down roughly the equivalent of three lines of text. for example, if this sentence was at the bottom of the screen, every so often it will drop out of view, then, every so often, come back up.
it's kinda like tracking a weaving drunk.

·
Registered
710 Posts
yeah.. it's the advertisement thingy on top.

It's the Hostbeaver thingy that's shorter than the rest of the advertisement.

for awhile I thought my notebook has virus or sthg.

·
Registered
318 Posts
no wonder...lol..i was wondering wut it was(didn't investigate)...i'd have the page on the screen..and i'd be doing something..and suddenly it twitches..haha..now i know why

·
Registered
241 Posts
ever since the chat-room banner was added to the site, my page view bounces up and down roughly the equivalent of three lines of text. for example, if this sentence was at the bottom of the screen, every so often it will drop out of view, then, every so often, come back up.
it's kinda like tracking a weaving drunk.
Oh! I thought my mouse was just acting weird (you know those stray electrons..). Good to know that I'm not the only drunk here.

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
i disabled the chatroom and the hostbeaver ads, tell me if that makes a difference, if so i'll remove make changes to them as i dont see the issue myself

·
Registered
710 Posts
i disabled the chatroom and the hostbeaver ads, tell me if that makes a difference, if so i'll remove make changes to them as i dont see the issue myself
I am not sure if it's the chatroom ad but the hostbeaver ad is definitely smaller than the other ads.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool, no bouncing this morning:) Maybe it has to do with the size of the user's screen; might only be an issue with netbooks and notebooks?
either way, thanks.

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
I am not sure if it's the chatroom ad but the hostbeaver ad is definitely smaller than the other ads.
all of the ads were 468x60 or they should have been anyways.. i'll have to check

this was the hostbeaver one

and it's the same size as the rest believe it or not.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Yep, works fine. I was wondering if it was the chatroom arrow that was doing it for some reason, and not the animation itself.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
yesterday i saw it, not today. Probably related to the world of warcraft ptr client download my wife had going. they use torrents for distribution.

perhaps the others were downloading or updating large files via torrents at the time.

·
Registered
710 Posts
all of the ads were 468x60 or they should have been anyways.. i'll have to check

this was the hostbeaver one

and it's the same size as the rest believe it or not.
This was not what I saw.
I saw a bunch of text about hostbeaver.

Anyways.. it's all good now.

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
must have been a really recent thing because this morning i saw text instead of the banner for hostbeaver too, maybe there was a problem where the image was being pulled from...

·
Registered
710 Posts
must have been a really recent thing because this morning i saw text instead of the banner for hostbeaver too, maybe there was a problem where the image was being pulled from...
That's vhy I said nothin' to do with the chat banner :D
We love the ChatRoom.:D

·
Registered
614 Posts
hmmm, maybe slide the banner back in, and see what happens tomorrow. I also saw text for host beaver, instead of the banner.

Steve

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
You know what popped into my mind,
the banner is located on a different server, if that server was down (for whatever reason) then it would just display text and not the image...

i bet that was the problem.. maybe i'll move the hostbeaver over to bcaquaria's server instead.

I've enabled the chatroom banner just for now...so we can make sure it works by itself

·
Registered
710 Posts
You know what popped into my mind,
the banner is located on a different server, if that server was down (for whatever reason) then it would just display text and not the image...

i bet that was the problem.. maybe i'll move the hostbeaver over to bcaquaria's server instead.

I've enabled the chatroom banner just for now...so we can make sure it works by itself
Good job :)

Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.