British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
MFERKO,

The decision has been made already and we are going ahead with this. I have already received complaints against you that you have spammed out links to members to go to another forum.. which is fine, if they feel that they have to go to another forum because you are filling there heads with nonsense then i feel sorry for them. Continue to break our rules or badmouth BCA and you will be banned, i have given you lots of opportunities to speak your mind but you continue to bash myself and BCA.

You believe that we are going to start charging for EVERYONE that sells fry, this is not true.We have told you this.. many times and you choose to hear what you want

In reality this change only really will affect maybe 0.05 % of bca users and we only ususally run into a "breeder" maybe few times a month (usually out of province, or brand new members to the board)

We have not put together exact rules yet for this.. and will do it case by case basis.

As i previously said, everyone can continue on posting whatever they want in classifieds and if we determine someone falls into our new program we will send them a message to talk to them about it.

This will not affect most hobbyists.. selling the odd fry's here and there.

I just don't get what your problem is, does this new breeder section really affect you in any way. In reality there is hardly anyone on here that would even fall into the new category. People who have a few fry here and there to get rid of are more than welcome to advertise for free. This new section is geared towards members who have multiple tanks setup for the sole purpose of breeding, hence the name of the new section of "breeders" I know there are alot of people on this board that have fish breed and sell the fry here and most of those wouldn't even fall into the new category. Even the sponsors are supporting this move forward. Also you gotta remember this is a trial, there will be bumps along the road and if it ends up not working it will be pulled as Shawn has already stated. I am more than sure that if we find the majority of the board doesn't like it we will pull it. Prior to doing this there have been a few that have been told to become sponsors because they are selling too many fish and or types of fish that have bred for them, now with this new section a "breeder" can pay a lower fee than what a sponsor would have to pay. A "breeder" who has many types of fish that breed and sells will make their money back from the $15.00 month to month fee in most likely 3 or less monthly sales. We just really can't allow someone who has multiple tanks setup for the purpose of breeding sell here for free when alot of those fish they are selling at below market price are alot of the times also being sold by sponsors who pay more to be able to do what they can on BCA. Kinda hard to ask the sponsors to pay yet allow others to do it for free, at the same time it's hard for a "breeder" to become a sponsor because it does cost more and not really profitable for some. In the past we made some of these become sponsors when now we can have them go with the breeder section. This should in the end work out better for both the breeder and the sponsor and the members will still benefit from being able to source out local quality fry. Again remember most people that do have fish that breed and sell a few here and there will not even be affected by this so don't worry and lets just see how this new thing works out. I know change can be hard sometimes but you need to sometimes change to move forward:D

I am pretty new on this forum I live in Ontario recently I have bought some plants from a member here Thanks Stuart that I could not get at home. I think a breeders section would be great . It would be really great to check here for A breeder of a certain fish. shrimp etc. before checking all over the internet . I would rather buy my stock in Canada and from someone who acually knows the stocks background. Just my 2 cents. Keep up the good work.:D

I believe I may be one of the few people Aaron mentioned that actually fall in the "breeder" category. I'd always wondered whether I was "suppose to" buy in to become a sponsor, but with how much it costs to feed and raise axolotl's, have not been able to afford it. I also never felt as though I was a storefront/importer/exporter or the like... so this new breeder section fits perfectly for me!

I don't currently have any axolotl's for sale, but when I do, it's usually more than a few fry here and there from a hobbyist dabbling in keeping aquatics. Paying $15/month fee fills that niche market for small breeders like myself. My only question is, as a breeder who does not currently have stock for sale, but other items (used 65 gallon, etc...), should I be paying the $15 to sell a few items?

I don't think one would have to pay at all to sell off some extra equipment, unless it is something that they are doing all the time. I do know there are people out there who cruise craigslist and resell for a profit, I believe things like that if found out to be true they would be asked to pay. Really this I think is going to be taken on like a case by case situation.

Discussion starter · #49 ·
If your buying/growing/reselling for the reason to make a profit then yes. Again we use our discretion on a case to case basis.

If your case is you bought 10 fry guppies from someone and grew and sold then no....

the "breeder" subscription is mostly trying to get the interest of BREEDERS, people who specifically breed for profit and are doing it ongoing. If your just a hobbiest doing the odd thing couple times a year then NO.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.