British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I finally went on Monday and picked up a pair of mated alenquers from April. Very excited!!! It'll take a couple weeks for them to acclimate I think, especially 'cos their fins got roughed up in the transition. Right now, their really antsy - pecking and chasing each other a little bit. I hope that's normal :eek: Will post some pics soon!

P.S. I read somewhere that it's a good idea to separate them on either side of a divider for a week or two. Should I try that?

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
leave them be. are they poking each other on the sides? or mouths? if side..its a nudge..like do something..just keep clean water..and let them get used to their surroundings. and good food.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Congratulations on getting them. They were in awesome shape when I was at April's on Sunday and much as I tried and tried, April wouldn't sell them to me :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They were poking each other on the side, and chasing a little bit. Nothing violent though. Will a 40% water change every second day be sufficient?

Thanks! That's what Shelly told me :D

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Min. 50% w/c EVERY DAY and hopefully the storm will take care of the rest (mine get a little frisky just after a storm :eek:). You really want that water to be crystal clear 'cuz it may be tricky doing water changes once you have eggs running down the length of that nice new breeding cone you picked up on Monday ;)

Good luck with them.
Shelley

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not very good pic, I know - I just changed the water, so they're not being very cooperative. But you can see that the male has got gorgeous dorsal finnage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts