British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

Has anyone tried feeding their CRS cooked corn?

It looks like nutrious shrimp food. As long as it does not kill the shrimps, I want to try.

Thanks

Wayne.:D

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
wrong section bud!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What would make me worry about it a bit is the fact that our systems can't properly digest it.
This is why, I worry that the corn may kill them because they cannot digest it or it is poisonous for them.

My tiger shrimps seem like they want to try it.

I also put some in my Crystal red shrimps tank. The crystal red shrimps have not come to eat it yet.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Like said above why take the chance when there are a tonne of other veggies to feed them that we all know are ok for them. It's a risk I personally wouldn't take.

·
Registered
318 Posts
haha..imagine the corn kernel "coat" dun get eaten by the shrimps...imagine all that on ur gravel/tank base...cuz since its kinda hard for humans to digest the "seed coat"...might be the same for other animals...so stick with the suggested vegetables

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup. They don't seem to like it very much. Removed.

I wish I had a digital camera to take some pictures of my 10g crystal red shrimp tank.

Previously, I raised shrimps before and they died in couple of weeks. I have these for almost a month now and they are still very healthy.

So I really should not try stupid things.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My tiger shrimps seem to eat the corn

My tiger shrimps seem to eat the corn. I have 5 tiger shrimps in a 2 + 1/2 g tank. 2-3 of the females constantly carry eggs. But for some reason they keep on dropping them all eventually. I have never seen any shrimplets.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts