British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have question guys

is it okay to put 2x Rena xp3 filter on Discus tank? (90 gallon) or is it over kill?

·
ORIGINAL FORUM GANGSTER
2,243 Posts
Not really overkill and nothing wrong with over filtration. I know discus keepers with fx5 on 90's

Reactions: mrbob

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Do 3 if you want. I have an XP 3,fx5 and an Eheim 2075 on my 125.

Reactions: Ambrose

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guy's I just put 2x rena xp3 on my 90g, and all my discus are doing pretty good so far... I will try to uplaod some image tonight :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
6,611 Posts
In my 65g overstocked community tank, I had 3 HOBs, a large Eheim canister & an XP3. Always had a spare filter to instantly cycle a new tank that way. Overfiltration is not a problem, especially with discus.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Just remember to service the canisters more frequently with discus than your normal tank inhabitants. Must still keep up with water changes, too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just remember to service the canisters more frequently with discus than your normal tank inhabitants. Must still keep up with water changes, too.
Yes i do a lot of water change (20% everyday, thats right everyday and 50% once a week) and for my two xp3 filter im going to clean one each every two weeks, i dont wanna clean them both at the same time cause that gives a lot of stress on my discus...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts