Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello

Before the server change, I was able to delete posts that are no longer relevant. Now it seems like all you can do for edit options is "set status", "go advanced", or "cancel". When you "go advanced" there still isn't a "delete this post" function. Just wondering if this is the way it's going to be from now on? Do we have to private message a mod for this. If so there workload will be increased unimaginably . I've always tried to clean up all of my non relevant posts, so not to make someone elses thread cluttered up with useless info.

Thanks in advance for your input into this

Jason aka Teal'c

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
personally i think its a mods job to delete irrelevant posts if they feel it deters away from a subject thread too much. When you give normal users the option to delete past posts, there arises another problem. When drama gets out of control (happens every so often on any forum), people will leave the forum angry if they feel wronged and some of them will go back and delete all their old posts.

Personally i agree with the forum mode that locks threads from editing or deleting after two weeks to limit this issue. Im not sure if they can enable that on a forum by forum basis, if not, then theres an issue with tank journals

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was able to do it last week, but not this week? Weird.

I usually delete a post say, if I had a plant for sale and showed a pic on someone elses post. Then said plant was sold to someone else, I would like to delete the post as it is no longer relevant to the thread as said plant is already gone. I should be able to delete my original post, so as not to clutter their "looking for" thread.

I'm not the kinda person who wants to up my post count. Like when I have an ad up in classifieds for example, I don't want to have the person looking at my thread to read all 5-10 " bump " posts just to scroll down to the newest post with updated info. I like deleting all old irrelevant postings to make my thread easier to navigate.

Maybe I'm just finicky. Lol.

"This is just how I feel about it. What do you think?"

~ Daniel Jackson, S1-E6 "Window of opportunity", Stargate SG-1

Jason aka Teal'c

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
Users should not have the ability to delete their own threads or posts in ANY forum besides the classified which even then you can only close your thread.

I was not aware of this or else i would have disabled it earlier... Very odd still enough. We just copied the website from one server to the other so it's really odd these little things happen lol.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to both of you for you quick responses. I can understand both your points of view. I guess if I need to delete a post I will message a moderator.

Thanks

Jason aka Teal'c

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.