British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i bought a used car today and the 12 stack cd player in the trunk seems to not work.
cartridge won't eject.
display has shown to errors E-70 and E-60 .
it is a pioneer CDX FM1235s.
any info or help would be appreciated.
thanks,
Adrian.

or if you can fix for a small fee even better.

·
Registered
479 Posts
i havnt owned that model but seem's old, i would ditch the cd changer, and invest in a mp3 deck or ipod compatable system.
what type of car?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
i second that. i just re did my truck sound system and i love being able to plug my ipod right into the front of my deck! its clean and works awsome!

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
car is a 1995 sebring lxi
168000km
all service records.
leather interior in good shape.
asking $2000 only paid $1000.
and as for mp3 or ipod i don't own one of either

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
yeah with cd changers they are bound to brake. mp3 deck is nice and simple esay to install. plus u actully know whats in ur cd player when thewre only 1 cd.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah with cd changers they are bound to brake. mp3 deck is nice and simple esay to install. plus u actully know whats in ur cd player when thewre only 1 cd.
ya i'll be looking into a new deck in the near future.
also need the bracket and wire harness.
will have to wait a couple mnths.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
yeah thats like 80 or something. i think i have an old deck kicking around if u want it. nothing fancy but aftermarket and works.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah thats like 80 or something. i think i have an old deck kicking around if u want it. nothing fancy but aftermarket and works.
the stock stereo in the car is pretty kick butt.
put together by infinity has awesome sound.
downside is it is a cassette player and not cd.
when i can afford the bracket and harness I'll take you up on the deck for sure.
I'm all good as long as i can play a cd.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I've always had problems with CD changers.
(Aftermarket & stock.)

You can get the harness & wires fort cheap @ Canadian Tires.
Aftermarket decks are 100X better even if it's an older deck.
Sound quality & clarity are much better.
The option to add aftermarket speakers is a plus too.

When you can I'd suggest you invest in a deck with MP3 adapter through USB or even direct from your deck right into your MP3 player(better sound quality).

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have an kenwood usb direct deck and honestly I only ever listen to my radio, I bought it mostly so my kids could plug in thier sticks with thier stuff on it.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
yeah buy somrthing that fits what ud use it for... i like my music so i re-did my whole sound sytem and i went with usb in the front of the deck and i can run another one from the back. also find it handy cose i can plug my celly into and charge it. but it does cost more and if ulll neaver use it dont buy it..

·
Registered
752 Posts
pioneer elite decks are good and with an ipod hooked to them get thousands of songs on them

·
Registered
22 Posts
pull the plug from the changer end and check for power with a test light, and check the webbernet for what your code's mean. its usually something simple..

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
pull the plug from the changer end and check for power with a test light, and check the webbernet for what your code's mean. its usually something simple..
I tried to check the inter web for code meanings but had no luck.
but i'll try again.
definatley has power though.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Music is most important to me.
My deck has 3 RCA pre-outs great & easier for hooking up amps & 4volt pre-out voltage.
I don't need a DVD player in my car, why not watch in in HD @ home.:D
I have GPS on my BB, plus I bought a garmin too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.