British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be a growing interest in Cardinal Shrimp so I thought I would share my 4 day old cardinal tank with everyone here. Lets just say I got pretty lucky with these little guys as I put them into a tank that I had setup couple hours prior to picking them up.

-Bought a 15Gallon, Crushed Coral, UG filter, and used whatever else I had
laying around.
-Picked up 10 Cardinals from a Zhima(Thanks Debbie!).
-Went to jiang604's(Thanks Frank!) house and took 2 big buckets of his cycled
cardinal tank water and dumped it into my tank.
-Let the Cardinals sit for a bit, total of about 5 hours in the bag floating and then
released them into the tank.

So far I've had 0 deaths *fingers crossed*. They all started wondering around and eating on the day #2. I decided to keep the tank simple so I could find them if they decided to hide away.....

For those who are interested in the parameters:
pH: 8.6
Temp: 26
TDS: 500obo

Any comments or additional information about these cardinals are welcomed :)
Also Big thanks to jiang604 for giving me your cycled water and all the tips and pointers, I don't think I would have kept them alive without the special water :p

Now to share some pictures :D

Cardinals waiting patiently in bag

Full tank shot

Walking around looking for food

Gazing on a lava rock with moss

Very nice colors

Can't forget the Sulawesi snails

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
lol =) dang thomas lol nice shots =)
you should come over and check out something. I'm going to be bringing over something to my 90 show tank and I think your gonna be shockedddd =P

·
Registered
480 Posts
lol =) dang thomas lol nice shots =)
you should come over and check out something. I'm going to be bringing over something to my 90 show tank and I think your gonna be shockedddd =P
Hey dont forget about me!! I want to come too :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.