British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"In the picture-postcard community of North Vancouver, filmmaker Murray Siple follows men who have turned bottle-picking, their primary source of income, into the extreme sport of shopping cart racing.

Enduring hardships from everyday life on the streets of Vancouver, this sub-culture depicts street life as much more than stereotypes portrayed in mainstream media. The films takes a deep look into the lives of the men who race carts, the adversity they face, and the appeal of cart racing despite the risk."

http://www.nfb.ca/film/carts_of_darkness

Very interesting stuff!!
Sorry, once again, it wont let me embed...:eek:

·
Registered
496 Posts
LOL! My brother mentioned this to me.... he was fascinated but I never got around to watch it. Well I'm home sick and daytime TV sucks... now's as good a time as any!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Wow !! that could be me in a few years :eek:...They move along pretty quick down them hills . I can imagine some real bad accidents over the years .
But Hey what do ya do when ya live in a shoe .
Did anyone watch any of the homeless olympics ? What a hoot..... if they could only get organized :D...could come right after the paralympics ...
Now I know why I see them carts discarded in the middle of nowhere with cage damage and a missing wheel :D
bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts