British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay okay okay.. So I have a Spotted Hoplo Catfish and in a months time it went from

to

. Nooo other fish in that tank are like that. I think it might have something to do with my Bristlenose Pleco since I have seen her chasing my other bottom dwellers. And she's been chasing my hoplo the most I've seen.. Is there any way I can help grow them back?

·
Banned
1,231 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I'm not sure if that's fin rot or not, but looks more like it's from a fight to me! But I could be wrong~
I the fins on the tail happen like that ALL the time with my Pink Tail Chalceus and Bala Shark.. ~

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel so bad though D: his fins have been like this for a bit. The only fighting I've noticed with him is with my Bushynose/bristlenose whatever you wanna call em pleco.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I'm guessing it could be due to stress as well or water quality! But who knows.. I'm doing 20-30% water change daily right now with melafix dosed just to make sure my flagtails are doing okay!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Honestly.. I dun treat melafix as any medication! It's all natural tea tree oil extract! I treat it more as vitamins!
Just like how I injured my leg, i just take some vitamins and drink more milk.. get the bones stronger =) U can call me crazy, but that's the same way I do for my fish~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts