British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of Today May 26 i have switched over BCA to a new server. This should increase the speed and response as well any 500 errors you may have been receiving.

we are growing at a good rate and it was finally time for the swap.

I expect some problems to arise so please just send me a pm if you do experience anything otu of the norm.

If you are having issues it's mostly related to cache and cookies on your own personal pc, basically your still storing the "old" copy. Just delete your cache and cookies in your browser (google it) and you should be good.

Over the next 24-48 hours, DNS propogation will take place, you may see the site (closed- old server) or the (working-new server).

Shawn

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
happy to hear of the change.

One of the ways to fix any DNS related issue is to clear your local DNS cache.
Start --> Run --> CMD
ipconfig /flushdns

Hope this helps someone :)

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been noticing a problem with the new server. Because this is a bit newer to me it wil take me a bit longer to figure out the solution. Forums in general are HUGE resource hogs... if it's slow.. i apologize i am trying my best

·
Registered
256 Posts
happy to hear of the change.

One of the ways to fix any DNS related issue is to clear your local DNS cache.
Start --> Run --> CMD
ipconfig /flushdns

Hope this helps someone :)
LOL
If I could have got on the web site to see this then I guess I didn't need it.
Thank you though for future reference. You learn something new every day :bigsmile:

·
Super Moderator
5,242 Posts
Much quicker and no more errors :D! Once again you went above and beyond.

Thanks Shawn,

Stuart

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am no longer receiving ANY email notifications from BC Aquaria :( I'm sure I will survive, but thought I should bring it to your attention.
I have checked all my settings both here and in my email, and cleared caches, etc...

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I am no longer receiving ANY email notifications from BC Aquaria :( I'm sure I will survive, but thought I should bring it to your attention.
I have checked all my settings both here and in my email, and cleared caches, etc...
There's a thread about this already, it's probably a sendmail configuration or something that needs to be adjusted to the new server. Our Darklord will fix it no doubt shortly.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Page loading is Much faster

Nice work Bro.

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Seems like we have been doing really well with the new server, we have been ironing out all the problems. We were having VERY high server load the last few days when the site was running peak at about 100 users online at one time.

To give you guys an idea we were running at a server load of about.. 8-30 which is just stupid high numbers... I tried various things and it began to drop a little.. but still no where near where it should be.

I finally gave in and hired a server management company to help me optimize it.. which was about 100$... best investment ever..

After doing some installs of new scripts to store cache for php... and other optimization we are running at a server load of about .12 to 4 at peak.. BIG change.

Thanks to everyone who has been patient. Most of you probably have not noticed(the slow speeds).. but im sure some have.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Too much technical details, but nice to know anyways :bigsmile:

Thank you for all your hard work!

Seems like we have been doing really well with the new server, we have been ironing out all the problems. We were having VERY high server load the last few days when the site was running peak at about 100 users online at one time.

To give you guys an idea we were running at a server load of about.. 8-30 which is just stupid high numbers... I tried various things and it began to drop a little.. but still no where near where it should be.

I finally gave in and hired a server management company to help me optimize it.. which was about 100$... best investment ever..

After doing some installs of new scripts to store cache for php... and other optimization we are running at a server load of about .12 to 4 at peak.. BIG change.

Thanks to everyone who has been patient. Most of you probably have not noticed(the slow speeds).. but im sure some have.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts