British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i thought i'd share a few of the "better" pic's from my last attempt at photographing my auranti, fully recovered now from his battle with his mate whom didn't make it,

My photography skills are poor, and yes since everywhere else I posted it was pointed out I'm aware the glass is dirty lol, between this guy's jumping and the turtles next to him I get a lot of water spots very quickly lol,
Enjoy, working on getting the camera settings right so I can get his true colors to show, the blues just don't show up,and the other colors arnt as bright as they should be, he's stunning in person,

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks! the first pic best shows his color, but even there the blue in his face and lower fin dont show

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
yes ,
very nice ....

·
Registered
807 Posts
What a stunner!!!
I can see the blue in the face, it faint but noticeable.
I can't seem to get my camera to capture the true color of my fish either.
I need to save up for the DSLR I've been wanting for a while now.
:D

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya I just need a better camera, a buddy of mines into photography, i'll bring him by some time to take some Nice shots, I’ll even clean the glass lol,

King, and Johnny if you (or anyone else) are interested i was talking with a friend of mine (not a store like serge just a pal who also wants some) about ordering a group of them to split the shipping,

if 2 or 3 people out west wanted some I could look at a bigger purchase, I'd have to know how many to give an accurate price, I’ll work out a price per fish from my end, and then let you guy's work out how to split shipping,

Anyone interested can PM me, please serious inquiry’s only, Shoot off how many you'd be interested in and shipped to which city,

This weekend I’ll look over who wants what and where, and get a quote from my source, to get a per fish cost. I’ll give you a per fish price and shipping cost, but I’ll also let you know how many from your airport so you can split shipping, and then If everyone’s still in after seeing a price I’ll finalize it,

Let me know, I do allot of searching and find a good source every once and a while but there all the same "occasionally have snakeheads" so i have to act quick or wait months again for another source lol

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
while my buddy is over i'm gonna try to get an action shot, i can get this guy will jump completly out of the water for food, i'd like to get a shot of full body in the air mid jump,

It's great thing to see when your feeding, sucks when cleaning though because he jumps at whatever is there when i open the lid, missed my nose by less then an inch a couple day's ago because i was reaching for the filter over the tank lol,

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
my old rainbow snakeheads would do that its so cool . are you in vancouver im guessing not . how much are they and were do you get them maybe its the same guy were thinking of

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no i'm in Moncton NB, I normally buy snakeheads form Serge, "get fish"

as for how much i'll get back to you soon on that, pm me about how many you "might " want and i'll get you a quote

1 - 17 of 17 Posts