British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope the problem with chat is found and fixed soon.. There's some of us suffering withdrawal.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I hope the problem with chat is found and fixed soon.. There's some of us suffering withdrawal.
I second that, i cant b without the chat ;)

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
No idea what the issue is, but i have been trying to fix it, i uninstalled and reinstalled it and thus far it's still not working, not sure what else it could be so give me some time to figure out some of the causes, sorry.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I just tried it. At the bottom left of the screen (firefox) it states that it is transfering data from bcaquaria.com. I'm guessing that there maybe an issue with the data base, or accessing the data base.

Steve

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For some reason it is not signing in members of the forum automatically. The chat itself seems to be operational except for the login /logout. Have you done some maintenance/ security update on the forum that may have blocked the chat from getting user information from the forum?

and yes , Neven there is a Chatroom button in the forum's taskbar at the top. The chat normally works very well, but is definitely underused by the majority on the forum.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Thinking about it, did the chat problem start at about the time the 4 colourful icons started appearing at the bottom of the posts?

Steve

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
That probably would have been around the same time, i can only go off by what time people started telling me the chatroom was down. Even then i'm not sure how that change i made would affect the forum as the forum is not directly tied into the chatroom, it's a separate installed script on the server. Unless it has something to do with the htaccess file, again will have to look into it more. If worse comes to work i may have to install the chat room on a separate server to see if it works that way.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I suspect the file that links the BCA user to the chat has been corrupted by the files that take them from BCA to Digg, del.icio.us , technorati or Furl; whatever that file is called.
If the others were like me and thought it was a temporary problem in my pc rather than a corrupted file, that would explain the delay in reporting the problem after those links were added.. I would vote to remove them . They really aren't needed to make the forum more popular or visible on the net.

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
There is no file that links the chat to the BCA forum, it's just a link.
The DIGG and furl and whatever else was part of a SEO module that was installed (which cost almost 200$) , and again i think it MAY have something to do with HTaccess file but again not sure what it is exactly. If there was Anything that was corrupt the reinstall i did should have taken care of it.

I know you guys want the chatroom back up, but it's hard when i'm the ONLY person who can fix it and i dont know what the resolution is yet lol. Takes a bit of time to research on my end as well to find similar errors and resolutions.

·
Registered
614 Posts
hmmm, I might have use a device called a telephone to stay in touch with my iwife. We'll do what we can to help resolve this.

Steve

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
i think i fixed it, if so than it's what i thought it was, but didnt know how to fix it.. till now

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.