British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the cheapest plan going right now. Looking for voice/data,
unlimited texting, call display. Since I'm a long time Telus user,
I might be able to squeeze all that for $45. Is that about right?
Anything cheaper? All comments appreciated.

·
Registered
700 Posts
For my plan I have it for $55 voice/data-1gb unlimited text, my 10, and unlimited weekend and after6...... I think yours is the cheapest

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
With Telus, if you have been with them for a long time, they have a loyalty team with home you can negotiate.

I have got extra air time, caller ID. Just negotiated free call forwarding.

·
Registered
842 Posts
i have the same as plantedinvertz. its the student plan.
But +1 on negotiating. you might not get the plan cheaper, but you might get extra freebies on top of it all. I have 200 long distance minutes per month :D

·
Registered
700 Posts
i have the same as plantedinvertz. its the student plan.
But +1 on negotiating. you might not get the plan cheaper, but you might get extra freebies on top of it all. I have 200 long distance minutes per month :D
Yup Student Plan :)

·
Super Moderator
6,610 Posts
Whenever its about 6 months before the end of my 3 years term, their loyalty department calls me up and I negotiate lots of freebies before I resign. Will probably look at going with a Smartphone on my next contract so yeah, make sure you negotiate with their loyalty department.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Wind holiday miracle plan
40 bucks, unlimited EVERYTHING

google it (it's 4am and I just took dog out and saw this post so thought i'd chime in!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
562 Posts
Here is the link:
WIND Mobile | $40 Unlimited Talk, Text & Data

My wife signed up for this, got a second plan for her parents, bought one blackberry bold, and got a pearl free.

Upsides: super cheap, unlimited everything (including north american long distance). Cheap roaming to the US compared to local plans.

Downsides: poor signal in areas, dropped calls are fairly common. It'll do for an everyday plan.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Wind holiday miracle plan
40 bucks, unlimited EVERYTHING

google it (it's 4am and I just took dog out and saw this post so thought i'd chime in!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My wife is now on this plan and is happy with it. Signal is not the best, and it does drop calls fairly often. It's to be expected though from a new entrant and you do get what you pay for. I'm on Fido and pay nearly twice as much for the same thing, but I'm happy with them.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm with Fido and I have unlimited incoming/outgoing, caller id, visual voice mail, 1GB, and unlimited texts. I pay $30.00. I have been with them for along time.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I like this post and will be watching it close. My plan isn't up till October, but I need to find out what I can get. I am on my dad's plan and have been since I got a cell phone. I only pay $20 a month so I can't complain. He says that I am a big girl now and that he wont be doing it anymore. So when it is up, it is up to me to get my own plan. I hope they will let me stay with them and give me a great rate. He has been with Telus for at least 20 years so we will see. I wouldlike to get an Iphone I think.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I like this post and will be watching it close. My plan isn't up till October, but I need to find out what I can get. I am on my dad's plan and have been since I got a cell phone. I only pay $20 a month so I can't complain. He says that I am a big girl now and that he wont be doing it anymore. So when it is up, it is up to me to get my own plan. I hope they will let me stay with them and give me a great rate. He has been with Telus for at least 20 years so we will see. I wouldlike to get an Iphone I think.
The only way for you to get a good deal is that you need to try and cancel your service and by doing this Telus will never let you cancel so they will give you a better deal so you can stay with them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts